School Banned Yearbook Picture of Trap Shoot Team

A member of the school board at Big Lake High School wrote on Facebook "The Trap Shoot team picture will not be in the year book due to shotguns being in the picture." One parents said that the students' guns are their equipment just like a football belongs to a football player and they way a basketball belongs to a  basketball player. One parent even threw in the mascot of the school because it is a wasp and said that the stinger must be a weapon so if they are doing that to the Trap Shoot Team they might as well get a new mascot.  Eventually after all of the complaints from parents they let the Trap Shoot Team in the Yearbook. 

A School Banned Yearbook Pictures Of The Trap-Shooting Team ... Because Of Guns

Read the story here

#1. Why do you think parents got so mad about this?

#2. Why do you think people are against guns?

My answers-I think parents that have kids on the Trap Shoot want to see their child's picture in the Yearbook some other parents might just think it is wrong because they see nothing wrong with guns. I think people are against guns because they think anyone that has one is going to shoot somebody. I personally see nothing wrong with guns. If the person behind the trigger is responsible and knows how to properly use a gun there is no problem. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do agree that guns have been in the wrong hands, and there are a lot of innocent people that have died because of it, but I don't think they should not have the picture in there because of those reasons.

• I think the parents got so mad because the complaint about the gun being a weapon is ridiculous That is the sport and if the school can't deal with it then why do they have the trap shoot team in the first place. I think people are against guns because they can be dangerous in the hands of some people. 

• I agree. I also think it's ridiculous that this picture would be banned from the yearbook because it is a school-sponsored sport. They can't just take the guns away from them because that is their equipment. 

• Exactly! I think it's stupid that the kids can't have the gun because it's TRAPSHOOTING! It's also a school activity.

• I think the parents were mad because they were taking the kids out of the year book because of equipment they use in their activities. I also think they are against guns because it could promote people to buy them and use them illegally or against their own peers. 

• I agree, I would be mad if my kid wasn't in the yearbook for that reason. People really do think that guns are used for only bad, but there are some ways that people use them for good, like hunting.

• I think they want their children to be treated just like everyone else. If all the other clubs can be in the picture, they're kids should be able to too. People are against guns because of the school shootings. They scare everyone.

• I agree it would kind of make them feel left out they should have the picture in there to begin with. Guns do scare a lot of people even though the guns can't do anything until someone is pulling the trigger.

• They probably paid a lot of money for the yearbook so see their kid in the yearbook in this picture and they school wouldn't even allow the picture to be in the yearbook. I think that people are so against guns because they scare them. It isn't the gun that kills you it's the person that has the gun that kills you.

• because they payed money for the year book to see there kids in it and if there in trap and that it and the picture didn't get put in then they spent money on the year book for nothing. i think people are agents guns because of all the bad stuff that happens when guns are involved i have guns in my family some of my friends have guns they dont bother me i think it is kinda dumb that people think that guns are bad because they kill people when in reality it is the person behind the gun pulling the trigger 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker