School Banned Yearbook Picture of Trap Shoot Team

A member of the school board at Big Lake High School wrote on Facebook "The Trap Shoot team picture will not be in the year book due to shotguns being in the picture." One parents said that the students' guns are their equipment just like a football belongs to a football player and they way a basketball belongs to a  basketball player. One parent even threw in the mascot of the school because it is a wasp and said that the stinger must be a weapon so if they are doing that to the Trap Shoot Team they might as well get a new mascot.  Eventually after all of the complaints from parents they let the Trap Shoot Team in the Yearbook. 

A School Banned Yearbook Pictures Of The Trap-Shooting Team ... Because Of Guns

Read the story here

#1. Why do you think parents got so mad about this?

#2. Why do you think people are against guns?

My answers-I think parents that have kids on the Trap Shoot want to see their child's picture in the Yearbook some other parents might just think it is wrong because they see nothing wrong with guns. I think people are against guns because they think anyone that has one is going to shoot somebody. I personally see nothing wrong with guns. If the person behind the trigger is responsible and knows how to properly use a gun there is no problem. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would want to see my kid in the yearbook. And i do agree that people are against guns because of things they hear about shootings and other crimes.

• I think parents are so mad about this because the students participate in this school activate and deserve to be put into the year book. I think many people are probably against this because they think it may encourage school shootings. If I were one to these parents I would have been mad that my child's photo would not be included in the school year book. These are their equipment and if that is the only reason why they can't be in the year book then the football picture shouldn't get to have their equipment. 

• The parents might have a child that is on the Trap Shoot team, and they want to see their child in a picture, but I dont see a problem with guns, because the gun isn't responsible for bring harm, the person behind the trigger is. People are against guns because they dont understand  why people would use a gun to kill an animal for meat or for fun.

• I think the parents got mad because they wanted to see their kids in the year book doing what they liked to do. I think people are agents guns because of all the mass shootings that there have been in the last few years. 

• I think that the kids wanted to see their kids in the yearbook for something their kids love. I think they're against this because I think that the parents against this are seeing that the trap team is supporting bringing guns to school. 

• I think guns can be a very touchy subject especially in the hands of someone who does not know how to properly use one. However, I think the parents would be mad about this  because trapshooting is a school-sponsored sport and it would be unfair that their picture would have been excluded from the yearbook. People are against guns because they are dangerous when they are in the hands of some but the trap team knows how to control guns.

• I agree with you because you either like guns or you don't.

• I would be mad to if my kid wasn't put in the picture because of the gun, which the school provided. I think that parents got so mad because it's dumb how they wouldn't put the picture in the yearbook - they're right by saying that just like basketballs are equipment to basketball players. Maybe because people have gotten hurt and maybe even died.

• Most of the time the school doesn't provide the guns but I do agree that the guns should have been in the picture along with the kids. Trap shoot ranges are really safe, and the percentage of gun related injuries is probably really small.

• They have their own beliefs and that is okay but I do not think they should be forcing it upon others. I thin they are against them because they are involved in the deaths of innocent people when they come into the wrong hands.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker