Russian Subway Bomb

In the city of St. Peters burg, Russia (Second largest city in Russia). At least 1 bomb went off in a subway killing 10 people and injuring 50+ others. President Vladimir Putin has declared this to be an act of terror even though no one has taken credit for the bombing. The bomb was loaded with a large amount of shrapnel attempting to hurt/Kill as many people as possible. After this explosion authorities had found a second device in a different station that did not explode. They believe that this bombing is connected to different bombings in 2009 in most of Europe. 

Questions:

1. Since they made a connection between different bombings do you feel safe? (Do you think they will come to the U.S)

2. Do you think that this explosion will help push us to end the war of Terrorism?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel safe where we are in the world, but I do feel like it could one day become more of a problem in the U.S. and we will not feel as safe as we do now. We are already trying to end the war on terrorism and stop these things from happening, and we have been trying to stop terrorism fro a long time but it still does is happening.

• I agree with you haley, where we live in the world is a safe place. Not very likely to get attacked by a foreign power of any kind. You may be right though, the world is constantly changing and we may one day be in trouble.

• I do feel safe, I don't see how just different connection would relate  back to the US. The US has great military and safety here that I feel safe. No, I think that terrorism isn't coming to a stop and the attacks are only making them stronger and they are getting worse. 

• I think that the terrorism and bombing could definitely come to the US, and to an extent it already has, with instances like the bombing at the Boston marathon. It is a scary thought, but I feel like more and more events like this will push us towards stomping out terrorism for good. I don't think that just this one bombing specifically will push us much to end terrorism, but along with every other act of terrorism, events like this will pile up and motivate us to get rid of terrorism.

• Your right morgan, bombings and terrorism could very likely come to the United States. Although I think our government will do the best of their abilities to protect us, it could very well happen.

• Yeah, I don't see how the connection would relate to the US. I don't think anyone would do this in direct relation to the Russian subways but on their own. No, I think that terrorism isn't coming to a stop and the attacks are only making terrorists stronger. 

• 1. I think that people are always trying to fins ways to target the U.S. and that it is very possible the same group could be planning an attack on the U.S. I think that it will get Russia more on board to try and take down this group of terrorist. 

• I think its already in the us and that it has been for a long time but its not as bad hear as it is in Europe. but i feel safe because of ware we live. I think the bombing will motivate more countries to fight terrorism.

• I still feel very safe. I'm not going to stress out about something that possibly won't ever happen. We are already doing a lot to end the war on terrorism, but I don't think terrorism will ever stop. Things will keep going and nothing will stop!

• I think we are fine since it is in Russia, but if it has something to do with ISIS we might be in a little danger. Probably not.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker