Roller Rink or Ice Rink?

Roller skating rink or Ice skating rink? I feel Harlan should add either one of these. Roller skating rinks are a fun thing to do in your free time. They have been around for about a century. 1930-1950 was a popular time for roller skating then again in the 70s and 80s. Roller skating is a fun thing to do with friends and family. Whether it be rollerblading or roller skating you could go out and enjoy it. A rink costs around $75,000+ but this is not including what renter skates would cost and maybe some extra fun stuff. 

An Ice skating rink is also very fun. Ice skating rinks have been around since 1876 so they're pretty old too. An ice skating rink/hockey rink would cost up to $200,000 to $600,000. Now not only could a person skate for fun but there are some other perks to ice rinks. Figure skating is a sport that some people might enjoy doing around Harlan. Figure skating is a sport in which individuals, pairs, or groups perform on figure skates on ice. Another fun sport that could be added to Harlan is Hockey. Hockey is like football on ice with sticks instead of hands so I feel Harlan would enjoy it. (the only downside to the sports is they may cost a lot of money)

If it were up to me I would definitely add an ice rink to harlan. I feel it would be a fun thing for many people to do. I also love watching hockey and skating is pretty fun to do.

QUESTIONS

~What would you choose, ice rink or roller rink? Why?

~Should we add either to Harlan?

Sources 

https://skateworld1.com/the-incredible-history-of-roller-skating/#:~:text=1819%20%E2%80%93%20A%20Frenchman%20named%20Mr,first%20public%20roller%20skating%20rinks

https://www.britannica.com/sports/ice-skating 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'd definitely choose the ice rink, the feeling of ice skating is just so magical and fun. Ice skating is easier in my opinion too. I think we should have an ice scating rink in Harlan I feel as though many people would go to it.

• I think we should add one these. Probably the ice rink over the roller rink, just because ice skating would be much funner in my opinion. I think it would make more people want to join in on some Harlan activities. It would just be fun to have an ice rink and skate plus even play hockey. 

• Personally, I think that we should definitely add one of these. My pick would probably be an ice rink because it has more perks but either one would have good outcomes. It gives harlan more things to do and could even benefit the schools. Therefore, I think harlan should definitly get one of these. 

• I definitely think we should get one of these for Harlan. We have no places to do fun stuff in this town and a roller or ice rink would benifit us. I would personally want an ice rink because it would be fun to play hocky or skate. I think if we got one of these there would be less trouble in our town. 

• I also think that we have barely anything to do in Harlan other than bowl and go to the movie theater. I feel adding either rink would be lots of fun and bring less trouble.

• I would love to see either of these for Harlan. If I had to choose, I would go with an ice rink because I think more people would enjoy that. I think either would be beneficial for our community and it would be a good opportunity for our town.

• I agree that we should get an ice rink. I think it would also be great for the people. I just feel Harlan needs something else fun to do and adding either a roller rink or ice rink would help with that.

• I think we should definitely get one of these for Harlan. I think an Ice Rink would be more beneficial to our town. I think it would be more fun to go ice skating rather than rollerblading. I think it would be a great opportunity to bring more people to Harlan for activities. 

• If I could choose, I would choose an ice rink. I personally enjoy ice skating, but the only time I've ever gone is when I went to Colorado because there aren't any close enough that I can go to. Harlan doesn't have very many fun things for both kids and older people, and an ice rink can be for people of all ages.

• I agree that ice rinks are enjoyable. I feel Harlan needs more fun stuff due to the fact that not everyone can take the hr drive to the city to just have something fun to do when bored.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker