Roller Rink or Ice Rink?

Roller skating rink or Ice skating rink? I feel Harlan should add either one of these. Roller skating rinks are a fun thing to do in your free time. They have been around for about a century. 1930-1950 was a popular time for roller skating then again in the 70s and 80s. Roller skating is a fun thing to do with friends and family. Whether it be rollerblading or roller skating you could go out and enjoy it. A rink costs around $75,000+ but this is not including what renter skates would cost and maybe some extra fun stuff. 

An Ice skating rink is also very fun. Ice skating rinks have been around since 1876 so they're pretty old too. An ice skating rink/hockey rink would cost up to $200,000 to $600,000. Now not only could a person skate for fun but there are some other perks to ice rinks. Figure skating is a sport that some people might enjoy doing around Harlan. Figure skating is a sport in which individuals, pairs, or groups perform on figure skates on ice. Another fun sport that could be added to Harlan is Hockey. Hockey is like football on ice with sticks instead of hands so I feel Harlan would enjoy it. (the only downside to the sports is they may cost a lot of money)

If it were up to me I would definitely add an ice rink to harlan. I feel it would be a fun thing for many people to do. I also love watching hockey and skating is pretty fun to do.

QUESTIONS

~What would you choose, ice rink or roller rink? Why?

~Should we add either to Harlan?

Sources 

https://skateworld1.com/the-incredible-history-of-roller-skating/#:~:text=1819%20%E2%80%93%20A%20Frenchman%20named%20Mr,first%20public%20roller%20skating%20rinks

https://www.britannica.com/sports/ice-skating 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice and well done!!

• I don't think we should add either in Harlan. I don't think it would get enough business consistently or interest a lot of people. If anything, I think they should remodel the bowling alley or something that has been around for a long time.

• I would love to have an ice skating rink in Harlan. I would choose a ice rink because they are more fun. When I went ice skating I enjoyed it more. I think that both could be added to harlan and it would be fun. Another bounus with ice rinks could be hockey. 

• I agree that ice rinks are very fun. I also agree that both should be added to Harlan for more fun in the town.

• I would love to have a roller rink in Harlan because I love skating. It would be fantastic to learn how to get better at skating. This would add to more fun activity in Harlan because there are not many things to do in town. There may be bowling or the movies, but neither of those are as intresting as skating.

• I agree that having a roller rink would add fun to Harlan.

• I think that it would be a great idea for Harlan to add a rollerskating rink for how few places Harlan has for after-school fun with friends I think that adding something as small as a roller skating rink in my opinion that would be a very good idea. Look at it this way Harlan only has The Movie Theater, The Bowling Alley, The Wellness Center, and a few parks around town. So adding a roller rink would give us a lot more options to do around town.

• I agree that adding a rink will bring more fun to Harlan.

• I think an Ice rink would be better cause it's more funnier but it's also colder and some people don't like the cold. I think that Harlan should add both and see what's getting better attendance and go from there.

• I agree that ice rinks are better. I've went ice skating and while doing it, it gets warmer so you don't need a big coat. I agree that we should add both to go from there and whichever doesn't work then get rid of it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker