Queen Elizabeth's II Death

Queen Elizabeth

As many of you all know Queen Elizabeth II passed away yesterday. She was 96 years old when she passed. She was born on April 21, 1926 and took throne in 1956. She has done so many things for England. She was the first monarchy to visit China and help so many people there. I think it is very sad that she had passed but at least she passed peacefully. Now her son King Charles. Her daughter in law  died in a  reck awhile back. Queen Elizabeth was on the throne for 70 years. 

She had many powers such as, to appoint and dismiss ministers. She also could regulate the civil service. She can declare war and make peice and many more. Her goals were to make England a safer place. I think that she has a accomplished that goal and I hope Kind Charles will be able to keep that away. The estament cost per year for the royal family is 100 million.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32816450

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-29/how-much-does-the-royal-family-cost-a-breakdown-of-the-key-figures

How do you feel about the passing of Queen Elizabeth?

Do you think King Charles will be a good King?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• She may be very important to many people but me she isn't as important because she wasn't someone I really paid attention to. Im glad she passed away peacefully and not in pain or anything. 

• In my opinion, the queen's death was sad to me and people around the globe. Even if it didn't affect the U.S. as much as the U.K. or countries near it, people felt her death around the world. Although I was not up to date with current politics or anything, I knew that she was a great person. I do think that King Charles will be a good king, but if I'm being pessimistic, I doubt that he will be near as good as the queen was.

• Its always sad when someone dies. Even if you don't know them you still feel for their family, friends and all of the people that are in the country. It will be a task and a half for King Charles to take over him mothers job. He is still mourning his mothers death but he has a responsibility of a country.

• I agree its always sad when someone dies. I think it will be hard at the beginning for King Charles because he doesn't know everything and because of his mother passing. I still think later on he will be an amazing King in all.

• I don't really feel affected about Queen Elizabeth's death because I didn't live in the UK or anything. I think that I would have felt something if she had actually affected the US in a good way. I think King Charles will be a good king and people just have to have faith in him. He has been waiting and preparing his whole life for him to become king. 

• I agree if I lived in the UK then I would feel more affected by her passing. I also agree that King Charles will be a good king just because he knows what hes doing because his mother was the leader for 70 years and he was right by herside for most of it.

• I think the death of Queen Elizabeth was probally sad for lots of people at England, but, personally, I wasn't that sad or shocked about her death because of the fact that she doen't live or of done much here.  I more than likely hope that King Charles will be a good King and not one who doen't care about whatever.

• I wasn't as sad as if I woulf of been if someone died here that was popular but I was indeed shocked when I found out about it.  She hasn't done anything for United States and I agree the King Charles will do amazing as King.

• If I am honest, I don't really feel sad about the Queen's passing, mainly because she doesn't rule this country. If I was in England, I might be sad about it. She did a lot of good things in her life and has bettered the country for it. I think that we just need to have faith in King Charles. He has been preparing to acend the throne for a while now and has watched his mom, and will probably do what she would do. I really don't think it matters if we lower our flags for her or not. 

• Its you opion on how you feel about the Queen passing. I also agree if would feel for sad then I do now if I was in England or if she was our ruler. I have faith for King Charles because he had many years to watch his mother.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker