Quarterback for Georgia Bulldogs arrested

Stetson Bennet is a two-time national champion quarterback for the Georgia Bulldogs. He was recently arrested at 7:10 a.m. Sunday morning(1-29-23). He was arrested for alleged public intoxication and was charged with misdemeanor public intoxication. He was said to be banging on doors in Dallas early in the morning, and when they found him, they determined him intoxicated and took him to the city detention center. 

The NCAA has a policy that gives the teams and leagues the right to terminate a contract or punish a player who engages in criminal or improper behavior. The NCAA has strict rules, and guidelines that all players and coaches have to follow. As of right now, there has been nothing said about what action the NCAA is going to take with punishing Stetson, so I am curious to see what they do.

I think that he needs to be punished, because if he is not, then everyone is going to think it is okay to get a misdemeanor. I am not sure what they will do, but I am hoping that he gets some sort of punishment for his actions. I don’t know what the NCAA’s protocol is, but I would guess that he will be suspended for a long period of time.

Do you think Stetson Bennet needs to be punished? 

What do you think the NCAA will do?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/with-a-sparkling-stadium-and-surging-program-san-diego-state-makes-an-easy-case-for-pac-12-expansion/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and well done overall Grace! I do think your summary could be a bit longer and also be sure to reply back on three different days. +5 new topic

• i think he needs to be punished for his actions. honestly, he should know better than to be out in public acting like this, especially when you have such a big role for the NCAA. he should have thought before he did this and realized what he will be doing to his team and how embarassed he and his team will be. 

• I think that Stetson Bennet does need to be punished for his actions. However, I thought that the last season was the last year he could play football and he was going to graduate before the next season. That may not be right, but if it is, they need to come up with a different punishment other than suspending him from the NCAA.

• I agree that if he can't be suspended, he needs some sort of other punishment.

•  Yes, I think Stetson Bennet should be punished for misdemeanor because it's not okay and then everyone else will think they'll be able to get away with what they want. He also needs to think about his actions and how it's not ok to do that stuff and if he just gets away with all of it then he will most likely do it again. I also think the NCAA will suspend him for a while.

• I agree he should be punished.

• I think that Stetson Bennet should definitely have some sort of punishment. It bothers me that popular stars think that they can do anyting they want just because they are so popular. Which is not true at all. I just don't understand why they do this stuff.

• I agree that all stars think they should just be able to do anything they want.

• I think that Stetson Bennet should definitely be punished. If this were any other athlete he would already be punished. But because of what Stetson Bennet just did for his team at the National Championship I think they will wait a while to punish him. Just because he has a couple of National Championships doesn't mean he doesn't need to be punished.

• I agree that they don't want to punish him right now because he is a good player.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker