Pumpkin Fest Ends in a Riot

The town Keene, New Hampshire tried throwing their 24th annual Pumpkin Fest last Saturday, but was abruptly cancelled when fires, riots, and fights around the city. Hundreds of police men in riot gear armed themselves with tear gas and pepper spray, and are still trying to calm things down. The day after the initial uproar, humongous bon-fire's were all over the streets. Authorities estimate that several dozens of arrests have been made already, and the numbers are still climbing. This is not the first year the Pumpkin Fest has gotten violent. Over the years, the celebration has adopted this kind of behavior, but only now is it getting out of hand.

If you would like to read the whole article, the link is here

Would you go to the Pumpkin Fest? Explain why, or why not.

Why do you think they would bring in such a large number of police?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• no i dont really go to pumkin fest and another riot might happen. To stop a large number of amount of people 

• fff

• To keep the crowd down. No pumpkins arnt my thing.

• I would not go to the pumpkin fest because it is dangerous and I would not want to et harmed while there or arrested. I think that a lot of police were needed to get the riots under control.  

• Firstly, what is going on with the world? We have clown with machetes in California and now riots over pumpkins. I think that any event that knowingly leads to violence should automatically be canceled. Anyone trying to start up events relating to the violent behavior should be arrested. I would not be surprised if the rioters start complaining about being 'suppressed' and 'brutalized' by the police force because of the use of riot gear and tear gas. 

• A lot of people actually go for the violence. One person, when interview said that, "the rush of retaliation is wicked."

• I don't think I would go. It sounds like The pumpkin fest is not fun anymore so I would just wait until everything goes back to normal.

• i would go because it sounds like a fun thing to but with the roits and fights breaking out it wouldn't sound that fun.it would bring a large amount would because of all the people there.

• No i would not, I wouldn't want to get into a fight. 

• If they knew that there is riots form the last years they came prepare to end it but this year they cant. I would got to that pumpkin fest if i knew that there is always problems.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker