Image result for pope francis                Pope Francis said, "Dear young people, you have it in you to shout." He continued to go on and encourage the youth to keep taking a stand and use their voice in the world about guns. He also said, "It is up to you to not keep quiet." He is voicing his opinion about guns and is encouraging youth to stand in the same way. He had his speech at St. Peter's Square in Rome in front of many people.

To Find Out More: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/europe/pope-palm-sunday-tells-youth-to-speak-out/index.html

Do you think he should have encouraged them? Why?

I don't know if he should have because it shows where he stands for it and a lot of people are going to back him up because he is the pope. It shows his opinion which most people would assume is God's too.

Do you agree with people standing up?

I agree with some of what they are standing up for but not all of it. I think there are some other solutions that could be made instead of ones people are going for. I don't think it's a bad thing that people are standing up though.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job replying but I think your summary is a bit brief overall.

• 1. I think it good to encourage them to speak out because then maybe things can be change for the better.

2. Yes, if they aren't making trouble or harming other when doing this.

• I'm not sure because many of the students and young people that are speaking thier voice are doing the act for attention and I don't think they fully realize what is going on. Our brains are not fully developed and we do not think logically 100% of the time. Some of the people standing up do a very good job and understand the situation but i do think many are doing it for attention. 

• Although it is his opinion, I don't agree with him. Isn't he suppose to be a god figure? If so, why is he accept a machine that can harm others and animals that theit god created. One of the ten commandments states, 'You shall not kill.' Why is he doing this?  I am all for standing up what you believe in, but does the Pope completely believe in his god if he is telling children to go for potentional killing machines?

• I think its his opinion. And he can encourage them to do the same as he is and speak there opinion. But it doesn't me the youth is going to do as he says. Yes I agree. I think people should stand up in what they beleive in. 

• I think that it is good that he is trying to influence kids to stand up for what they believe in and I also think that it's good that he sharred his views on the matter. Some people still may not agree with him and what he is doing though. I think that if people are being peaceful about standing up for their beliefs, then they should do it, but I think there is also other solutions to this problem along with taking a stand.

• 1. In my opinion I think it is a good act that Pope Francis has decided to give his opinion about weapons, because with it he can encourage many people to stop using guns, it is also good that religion is used for acts in against violence.

2. Yes, I believe that weapons is not the solution to the conflicts that exist in the world right now, in fact, in my opinion weapons worsen conflicts, I believe that with time we will be able to leave our weapons behind. .
  • I do because it is something that most people might not like and you putting you opinion out there can cause people to hate you and all that but you can believe in what you want to. Yes i do because something has to happen to get the shootings to stop.

• Yah, there will be people who disagree, but I think people should learn not to hate others who disagree with them.

• Yes, becsause we need to start speaking up for what we believe in and get our opinion  out there.UMMMM... yes because there needs to be stricter gun laws and we need more way that people cant reach guns if they are trying to hurt somone

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker