Pokémon Go

Is Pokemon Go really a safe game?

Of course we all know what pokemon are. We’ve all seen the show and played many games. But have you played pokemon go lately?

First off, what is Pokemon Go? Pokemon Go is a game where you are a Pokemon trainer in real life. You capture them then train them and fight other Pokemon. It tracks your location and mapping technology and makes a Pokemon reality. Where you walk in real life is where your trainer goes in the game. You stop at PokeStops and gather pokeballs and fruits to help you catch pokemon. But is walking throughout your city staring at your phone really safe? 

PRO it encourages exercise. You have to walk around to play the game. So people are getting physical activity while playing.One man 63-year-old Robin Tarry told the BBC that the game has encouraged him and his wife, Pauline, to walk 30 miles a week which eventually helped him lose 42 pounds to manage his diabetes.One user told BuzzFeed, “I have struggled with motivation and energy since I was 9, when I developed severe depression… But as soon as I got Pokémon Go I was able to leave the house, and I walked outside for hours and suddenly found myself enjoying it. I had the instant rush of dopamine whenever I caught a Pokémon, and I wanted to keep going. Then today and yesterday I purposely put myself in social situations, going to the mall, just to play.” 

CON playing the game can lead to injury. Some people reported to the news that users have fallen, tripped into a lake, crashed cars,fallen on railroad tracks resulting in an amputated leg, and sustained other injuries while playing. The National Safety Council released a statement urging people to be more cautious while using Pokémon Go, reports of very close calls to death have been occurring a lot. Consider safety over your points before a life is lost.Head and neck injuries due to distracted drivers spiked after the launch of Pokémon Go. Distracted users are also inflicting injury on others. A driver playing Pokemon Go hit and killed an 85-year-old woman in Japan. No race to capture a cartoon pokemon is worth dying for.

I believe that if you take the right precautions, be very careful, and pay attention, you should be fine playing this game. 

Have you ever played Pokemon Go ? 

Do you know anyone that has been affected by distracted drivers?

How do you feel about Pokemon Go?

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pokemon-go-top-3-pros-and-cons/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and good summary! It was posted three days late.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker