In 2008, Mirna Valerio went to the doctor's about pains she was having in her chest. Although she wasn't having a heart attack, her cardiologist told her that she needed to change her lifestyle if she wanted to see her son grow up. The next day she began running to save her life. She started her running plan slowly, running a mile at a time and slowly working her way up to 5 kilometer races. Now she's training towards a 6-day 120 mile run.

Q. If your doctor told you to change the way you live in order to live, what would you do?

A. My doctor told me to get in better shape I would try to eat healthier and exercise a few times a week.

Q. How hard would you train for something like the 120 mile run she's training for?

A. I don't even think I could pull off a 120 mile run like she's trying to, but I think it would take me years.

Link to website

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you, I would also do whatever it takes to get in shape and live longer. I don't think I would have the dedication to train that long.

• I would definitely try to live a healthier life and do what I could to exercise regularly. It would be insanely hard, and I do not think I would be able to do something like this ever. 

• I think that I would also live healthier and exercise regularly. I also agree the marathon deal because I don't think I could pull it off either.

• I do agree with you 100% because I wouldn't want to die and I would want to see my kid grow up.

• If a doctor told me I needed to change the way I live I would go out and get a lot of exercise as well as eating a better diet with more fruits and vegetables. If I wanted to do the race I would have to train every single day for a year at least to be prepared. 

• I think you would need to eat more than just fruits and vegetables, you also would need to eat healthier meats and carbs too. Also, I bet it would take more than a year to get ready for a super marathon like that.

• I think it would be a great idea to change my diet to help get healthy.

• I think I would also change my diet and not just depend on exercising. I also agree that I would have to do a lot of training in order to be prepared for a race that big. 

• 1) I would do whatever recommended to changing the way I lived, I wouldn't want to die.

2) I would do just the same as her, if it was what I was getting good at and not only just to save my life, I would train to be the best.

• I definitely do agree with you because I wouldn't want to die and I would want to see my kid grow up.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker