In 2008, Mirna Valerio went to the doctor's about pains she was having in her chest. Although she wasn't having a heart attack, her cardiologist told her that she needed to change her lifestyle if she wanted to see her son grow up. The next day she began running to save her life. She started her running plan slowly, running a mile at a time and slowly working her way up to 5 kilometer races. Now she's training towards a 6-day 120 mile run.

Q. If your doctor told you to change the way you live in order to live, what would you do?

A. My doctor told me to get in better shape I would try to eat healthier and exercise a few times a week.

Q. How hard would you train for something like the 120 mile run she's training for?

A. I don't even think I could pull off a 120 mile run like she's trying to, but I think it would take me years.

Link to website

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• If my doctor told me that in order to live I would have to exercise, then I would exercise. I would train for a long time in order to pull of a run that long. I don't think I would be able to do that but if I trained for a really long time, I might be able to. 

• I do agree with you because I would do whatever it took to get healthy.

• I agree with you about having to change the lifestyle that anyone could have currently been living to become healthier. Also for the race I don't think I would be able to do it but it would take a lot of training to get to that point. 

• I would try my best to change for the better. I can't imagine how hard it would be to train for that kind of thing. It would take a lot of dedication and hard work. I don't know if I could do it.

• I do agree with you, although you wouldn't necessarily have to run like that in order to get healthy.

• I would listen to him and change what I eat and drink. I wouldn't change that much, just the things that would matter. I would train a little bit, because I wouldn't care that much about the run.

• I think that you are right and I agree with what your saying. If you don't care about running why train at all.

• If my doctor told me i needed to change my lifestyle in order to stay alive i would definitely listen. If i wanted to run 120 miles like she is then i would train hard every day. 

• I definitely do agree with you because the doctor knows best and so it would be a good idea to listen to him.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker