After the Parkland shooting in Florida, the students have their Prom, but four of the seventeen students that were killed were Seniors. Their friends were sad that they couldn't go because they have been dreaming about this, it seems, forever. Even though some of the students looked normal to do what normal people go through when getting ready for Prom, all of them felt the absence of the four Seniors that had died. The Senior class President had one task, which was planning a festive night the end of the year for all Seniors, but she found herself walking a tightrope to plan an event that would strike the balance of memorializing those whose lives were lost and letting her classmates could let loose after weeks of mourning and walkouts about gun control.

1) Would you be sad to know that one of your friends wasn't there with you? Why?

I would be really sad because we would have been dreaming about this my whole life and only one of us could only go, which would be very sad to know that my friend isn't here with me at all.

2) Would you still go to Prom after all this mourning and walkouts of gun control to get loose and forget about eveything that has happened? Why?

I would go to Prom, but I would be a little sad if my best friend wasn't there with me because we would have been dreaming about this forever.

Read more here.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job Abby!

• If this happened to me I would be really upset. I would still probably go to prom, but it definitely wouldn't be the same, especially because it is supposed to be such a fun night that you only get to experience a couple times. 

• I would be really sad and miss my friend because Prom is a night and an event that you definitly want to spend with your best friends and it would be hard if one of them was missing. I think that I would still go to Prom to try to keep my mind off everything that is happening and just use it as a "getaway".

• I probably would because they should be there having fun. Yes I would it is a time to have fun and forget about all of the other stuff.

• I would still go to prom, just because they missed this oppertunity dosent mean I cant see it for them. It would be a very long night and lots of tears but I feel like my friends would had wanted me to go.

• I would be absolutly devistated, you only get one senior prom and with graduation this is going to be an extremely long year with all of these important times like graduaation, going to collage, christmas...the little things like everyday I would miss them even more.

• Yes, I would be incredibly upset, as expected, if one of my friends wasn't there with me. Prom is special and memorable, and without the people who mean a lot to you, it wouldn't be as fun or exciting. I would try to go to prom, but I think I would end up having a meltdown later on in the night. 

• I would be very dissapointed that I couldn't share an important mile stone with my friend and I would probably not go to be completely honest. The way I deal with stress and grief is by cutting myself off socially so I can process and spend my energy getting my thoughts and emotions back together. I am an introvert so being around other people would add to my stress and feeling of being lost and shocked over my friend's death. 

• I totally agree that not sharing this important mile stone with your friend is very dissapointing because you won't be able to share the experience with each other. Somethings are harder to handle than other things, but this would be something very hard to handle and doing this without your friend is even harder.

• I would be sad because if they were close friends I would want my friends to experience Prom with me. I would still go to prom because I think it would be a fun night to just forget about the world and have fun for a night.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker