Parents Let Son's Killer Move In!

29 year old Donald St. Laurent II was shot and killed by his roommate Christopher Bazar in December 2011 in New Hampshire. Bazar admitted to being drunk and high on marijuana that night. Bazar, who is now 30 pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to 4-10 years in prison.

Now comes the crazy part! The parents of Laurent have been standing by Bazar's side because they believe that he did it accidentally. Theywere at the arraignment and begged the judge for leniency. His sentence was reduced and he was released on parole on Thursday. Even crazier, the parents of the victim allowed Bazar to move in with the mother. He has also been offered a job at the father's construction company. 

Why do you believe that Laurent's parents did this? If you were his parents, what would you do?

For more on this story click here or here.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!

• I believe that the parents felt bad for him maybe. If I were in this situation I would not let them off there sentence or let them move in with me.

• I have read that almost all of you said that you think the parents are crazy and you wouldn't do what they did. Do you think the parents did this for attention from the media, or do you think that they actually forgave him?

• I think they did this because they are crazy. If I were his parents I would not let him move in and would have wanted him to have a long sentence.

• They are crazy! If that was my son, I would tell the judge," give him a longer sentence for the stupid thing he did".

• I think this is crazy! If I were the parents of Donald I would be devastated and I couldn't imagine "standing by his side" and even allowing him to live in their home. I guess they must be very forgiving people, but I do think this whole situation is kind of strange.

• I honestly have no clue why his parents would have done this. I would not have done this, but I guess they are really forgiving. I would not be that lenient and I would be very against him.

• they might trick him by being nice to him and end up killing him later on. I wouldn't want anything to do with Bazar 

• I don't think the parents are going to end up killing him. But I agree, I wouldn't want anything to do with Bazar.

• Some people just have a good heart look for the best in people. I would personally never let someone who killed any member of my family move in with me. I would be uncomfortable with it and would not let them move in. I would certainly not beg the judge for leniency.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker