Louisville, Kentucky, The metro emergence survives responded to 52 overdose calls in the last 32 hours. This is a huge jump from 25 overdoses in the same 32 hour time frame as last week. A breakdown of overdose causes was not available. Burmeister, the agency"s spokesman, said most of those calls were heroin overdoses. Paramedics also dealt with overdoses of alcohol, prescription medications and other controlled substances. There where no overdose deaths but one person died in a car accident the driver had been using heroin as well as the person who died. This is not uncommon in this area in January there was 695 call that's 22 a day. 

link

What are some ways they could get some of the dealers of the streets?

Do they need to arrest second time patients instead of treating them and releasing them?

My Opinion- This is obviously not a good thing I think that they would work with the DEA and try and think of some thing to get theses dealers off the streets they could reduce crime rate as well as drug use. It's not safe for theses people to be on the streets dealing to more people. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Malachi!

• This reply was deleted.
    • i think that would work 

• I am sad to hear that this is going on. I think that maybe they should do some undercover work and have them go around and try to find some drug dealers. I think that instead on treating them they help them get into a recovery center. They could have a free recovery center and say something like if you come in and we treat for the second time you need to try out the recovery center and if you choose not to they won't treat you the next time you come in. 

• it would work if they actually came in and got the treatment and some do and some dont  some come in a a regular basis and want to get better ans some dont care if they get better

• Tracking some of the people who buy the drugs from the dealer, or seeing if they can get information from the people if they buy the drugs from the dealer or if they get it from some one else. Then ask to get info about the person then track the person down and see if they can get info about the drug dealer. I think arresting should come after they're third try since it should be more of a last resort.

• Maybe sett up a reward if anyone finds them. Yes they do because if they are caught 2 times they need to stop doing it and maybe if they are put in jail it might stop them from doing it anymore.

• i agree the reward thing is a really good idea 

• I think they could get some of the dealers off the streets by putting more cops out on the streets. So the police would be able watch more closely with what is going on in the streets. I don't know if they should arrest patients that have overdosed a second time. Sometimes it's an addiction that can not be stopped.

• i agree i think if they put ore cops on the streets it might lower the uses 

• I don't think that getting the dealers off the streets would be an easy task. I'm sure the DEA and other officials are working to solve this problem. It seems like that more stricter something is, the more people want to break it or not follow it. If you commit a crime, you should deal with the consequences. If the medics are able to help, they should, but the violator shouldn't be let go. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker