Netflix or Disney Plus?

Netflix or Disney Plus? We all enjoy watching movies and shows without ads, but which one is better? 

Netflix has many varieties of shows and movies. Comedy, horror, romantic, all the way too action. Founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California, it offers more genres and even produces their own films and shows, known as Netflix Originals. As of late September Netflix has over two hundred subscribers around the world. Which includes 73.3 million in the United States and Canada, 73.0 million in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 39.6 million in Latin America and 34.8 million in the Asia-Pacific region. It’s also available in 4K resolution. Netflix has a predominant adult audience. But It does have an option for a kids account that restricts inappropriate content.

Unlike Netflix, Disney Plus has Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Disney Plus was launched on November 12, 2019, in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands, and to Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico a week later. It has over one hundred and sixty subscriptions since October 2022.  Disney is able to be streamed in resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD in Dolby Vision. In early 2018, Disney's streaming distribution deal with Netflix ended in 2019, Disney took the opportunity to use technologies being developed for ESPN+ to make a Disney-branded streaming service that would feature its own content. Amazingly Disney Plus gained over 10 million subscriptions within the first day of it being launched.

So Disney is more appropriate for little kids, but Netflix has more genres. We all love a good movie to relax. But I personally think Disney Plus is better than Netflix. Although Netflix does have its perks, Disney gives me a nostalgic feeling that makes me feel happy and safe. I think we all have our comfort movies, who doesn’t!  Nexflix will always have better shows than Disney if we are talking about mature teen entertainment. But if you are looking for a memory to be unlocked and a good laugh I'd go with disney.

Which one do you prefer, Netflix or Disney Plus and why?

What’s your go-to when you think of your comfort movies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%2B

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good and original topic choice and well written summary! You started the week commenting very well but then stopped.  +5 original topic

• I personally would choose Disney+ over Netflix just because of the type of shows on both. Netflix does have some popular shows, but they have also faced a lot of backlash for show that were bad or even illegal. I don't remember that ever happening with Disney+, so I'm more likely to support them.

• I personally would go with Netflix over Disney Plus. I'm not a big fan of Disney movies because of the animation and I just don't like the way they're made. I also prefer Netflix because it has a wide variety between cartoons TV shows and real movies like regular movies.

• I prefer to watch Disney Plus, but it can also depend on my mood and what I feel like watching. My comfort movies are on Disney Plus because they are the movies that I used to watch when I was a kid. There are some movies now that I watch on Netflix that are some of my favorites though.

• I like Disney Plus better, I think it over all has better movies and shows like having Star Wars and Marvel. But on Netflix it has a larger variety of shows but it doesn't have a lot of the shows that I like so I have to go with Disney Plus.

• I prefer Dinsey Plus. I like Dinsey because they have a lot of movies and are constantly getting new stuff. Netflix is not bad either but they always remove and add new thing.

• I like Netflix more because it has many different shows and movies that you can watch threw out all ages but I feel like disney plus has less options for older kids and adults. Where netflix has something for everyone. My comfort movies are normally on netflix because they have a lot of humor.

• I personally like netfix better then disney plus because it has all my favorite shows. I do love disney plus too, it brings back all my childhood memories. I do wish netflix didn't take off so many shows and movies. My comfort movie is any that has comedy in it.

• I would prefer Netflix over Disney Plus because Netflix has a larger variety of shows or movies ranging from shows that are family-friendly to shows that are not. I usually go to Netflix because they have more movies and even ones that are not owned by Disney.

• I would choose Disney+ because I like to watch marvel movies and the starwars movies too. Netflix just dosen't have much options for movies or tv shows. Disney+ also has TV shows and movies that i haven't seen in a long time i like the nastalgia that Disney+ gives.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker