Navy Seal Killed In Somalian Raid

A group of US troops that were in Somalia acting as advisers was put under light fire in the early stages of a mission involving the terrorist organization Al Qaeda. The group was quickly taken down. There was 1 death involving a navy seal and 2 injured 1 of which was a translator of from the US. These were the first deaths since 1993 which involved two black hawk helicopters being shot down and 18 American soldiers being killed. In response the US will be sending a new contingent of about 40 soldiers to join the near 50 already there. They will still hold the same mission of advise and assist the currant Somalian forces. 

Do you think that we are doing the right thing by sending more forces to Somalia?

How would you react if you were in charge of this operation?

I believe if the Al Qaeda group is large enough to ambush this group and still cause trouble in the region we should help take action against them, however we should send better equipment and not risk more of our troops lives, I think the more we send the larger scale attacks the terrorist group will commit. 

If I was in charge I would be sending in better equipment and not more troops. The more troops we have there the more the terrorist will have to target and they will begin planning larger scale invasions and attacks. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• You only commented one time. Commenting is worth 20 points.

• You about have to send more troops because we can't have our men getting killed over there and not fight back also we can't leave those people over there unprotected. I would react with immediate force and not back down.

• I think they are doing the right thing because they need to prevent Al Qaeda from spreading any way that they can and sending more troops will prevent them from growing larger hopefully. If I was in charge I would send more troops also.

• I think that this is the right thing to do We should be trying to rid these people from Somalia. I think I would try and get most of our troops out so we can find a better place to be stationed around there without getting ambushed. 

• I believe it is the right thing to do because we need to try and get rid of these guys. I would try to take all my troops out so that we can go to a better base and not be getting attacked. 

• I think it is the right thing to send over more troops because we need to take the guys down that did this crap. I would try to get my troops out of where they are being ambushed and find a safe place.

• I think that sending more forces is the right thing to do considering they took out the first group so adding more would give Al Qaeda more of a fight. If I was in charge I would try to get better mechanical equipment and I would try to create safer ways to protect the troops.

• Yes we are. We have to control the territory. I would try my best and do the best with what I have

• I do think they are doing the right thing because the ore troops we have over there the more scared they are going to get. Also by sending more over there, the more they will want to fight back so really its a win lose situation. I would definitely send other equipment over there that is better so we can determine what else needs to be done. 

• I think that sending more forces is the right thing to do considering they took out the first group so adding more would give Al Qaeda more of a fight. If I was in charge I would try to get better mechanical equipment and I would try to create safer ways to protect the troops. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker