Nashville School Shooting Breakdown

On March 27th, a private christian school in Nashville Tennesee was attacked and an active shooter was in the building killing students and adults. 28 year old Audrey Hale shot fataly and killed 6 total people. 3 Children and 3 Staff members and adults were shot dead that day. Hale was originaly a student that went to school in Nashville and was transgender. Days before the shooting she had mapped up a perimeter and multiple maps and routes of the school to plan a deadly attack.

She entered the building around noon pulling up in her small grey car and entered by shooting out the glass from the front two doors. She had 3 weapons: a Kel-Tec Sub-2000, an AR Pistol, and an MP Sheild Pistol. Her rampage lasted around 14 minutes before she was shot dead on the second floor by officers. Before Hale went on her killing spree, she sent an instagram chat to someone saying she did not want to live anymore and what she was about to do will look bad without context; meaning she knew what she would do is a horrific crime that people that are mentally insane would commit.

So far, no motive has been confirmed but some people are hovering around the idea that she was transgender and recently passed laws in Tenessee that completely banned gender-affirming health care that are puberty blockers and will slow down hormones and did her terroristic acts as sort of a protest. The two officers who shot and killed Audrey Hale were praised by Drake, the head of police for taking down the threat immediately because if they waited any longer then it could have gotten way worse very fast. Even though some people tragically lost their life, the police did an outstanding job taking down the threat fast unlike some school shootings in the past like Uvalde which could have became way less lethal of a turnout. 

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSGIIrg-_c&t=140s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/29/us/nashville-tennessee-school-shooting-what-happened/index.html

What are your thoughts?

What do you think her motive was?

Have you heard about this yet?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• My thoughts are this should have never happened  it's bad that someone without a motive would go into a school and shoot it up. I think her motive was that she was probably being bullied for being trans its not right. I have heard about this and its messed up i can't belive someone would stoop so low and shoot up a school just because you're being bullied. 

• I have heard of this. Lately there have been a lot of shootings and they are horrific. I think that if her motive was because she was a transgender, I don't think that is a good motive. Really I don't think there is no good motive for this kind of act.

• I had heard about this happening. I think that her motive was petty. Something to do with transgender laws. I think that people who believe in the transgender junk need lots of help. There is no such thing as changing genders. You stay the gender you were born as.

• I think that the school shooting could have been really bad if no one stepped up. In my opinion I think that her motive was because she was upset about the transgender law that was pass or that she was mentally ill due to that law. I have not heard much about it, I've only hear that there was a school shooting in Nashville. 

• I think that the officers that went are very amazing people and brave people. I think that the shooter had so much hate in his life and took it on little kids that did nothin to him.  I have heard about his when it happen and i started thinking what would I do if this happen in Harlan.

• I think that you are sick and cruel if you have the feeling that you want to go shoot up little kids at a elemtrey school, even if they were older, like highschool or middle school nothing makes it right for you to go and shoot up a school. If you feel that feeling you need help.

• I have heard of the recent and tragic shooting in a Nashville school. I think that there needs to be something done about this to keep other people from doing the same thing. I don't understand how someone could be so frustrated and just go kill a bunch a kids in school when you don't even know who they're.

• We need to do something about how many active shooters there are. I have heard about this and it is sad that 6 individuals died. Although Audrey was filled with anger, she shouldn't have gone as far as shooting up a school to cope with the feelings she felt. 

• I think this event was a very bad thing, and things like this shouldn't happen as often as they do, if at all. I think someone needs to do something about all of these school shootings. I personally haven't heard about this untill right now, but I don't know what her motive would've been.

• I think that this should be taken care of whether more control or more security at school. I think that it was trying to get more rights for transgender but you could've done anything but shoot up a school because you are killing young children you are so stupid if you shoot up a school and kill innocent young children for nothing they did to you and if it was still alive you would've gotten even more hate on you and not helping at all.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker