Nascar Driver Fractures Vertabrae in Wreck

NASCAR Driver Aric Almirola was involved in a accident this Saturday at Kansas Speedway. The wreck took place on lap 199 on a restart. Joey logano's right front brake exploded sending him into Danica Patrick's car, making it impossible to get around it. Almirola had to much speed and not enough time to avoid the two cars. Almirola broke his T5 vertebrae, he was airlifted to the University of Kansas Medical Center. He is expected to fly back to North Carolina on Sunday. 

Full Story here

Do you think there is any kind of safety equipment to prevent this from happening?  Explain

Would you ever race in nascar after hearing about these wrecks? Why or why not? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you, I believe there should be more back support for the drivers safety in the car. I also agree that its racing and anything can happen and its a risk you take when you get in the car. Yes I would love to be a NASCAR driver. They get paid to do something they love, even though there could be major consequences. 

• I think that there should be more protection in the car in case of sever accidents like this one. I would never want to race NASCAR, because it is just so dangerous. and anything could go wrong at any minute. and the damage would be much more extreme because of how fast that car would be traveling on the race track.

•  I completely agree this sport seems way to dangerous to ever be worth it, but I guess I dont love driving enough to ever want to take part in it wether it was dangerous or not.

• I think that the safety equipment for this was faulty, if the brakes work then this crash doesn't happen, but I don't know much about this. If I was a skilled enough driver then I would trust me skills to drive NASCAR, but at this point no.

• I completely agree. They probably hadnt tested the breaks for a freak accident like this and they thought that they could handle something like this but obviously they were wrong.

• I agree with you Brady; if the brakes work then this won't happen. I think that there just isn't much you can do for this situation. When putting that much stress on the cars and traveling at that speed, there is going to be some sort of wear and tear and clearly his brakes just couldn't handle it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker