More than 250 people dead in mudslides

Torrential rain Friday in Columbia caused mudslides which raged through the city. 254 people confirmed dead. Only 170 people have been identified. 43 children were among the dead and 22 were hospitalized. Another 203 are severely injured. A horrible 70 children were separated from their families.

LINK

1. What would you do if caught in this situation?

2. How would you try to help, if you could?

I would run like a bat out of ____. Get to high ground and scream for help and probably blow out my lungs.

If I had the money, I would have a helicopter flown out and find people stranded.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your summary is quite brief and please use a different figure of speech. Also be sure to comment more frequently. -5 late

• I would try to move out of the way of this problem. We obviously dont have to worry about mudslides here because it just doesn't happen. This situation would probably terrifying to live through, though.

• I would try to do as much as i could to get everyone out of the situation. Other peoples lives are more important than mine at that point when there is that many people who get struct. 

• I would try and escape as soon as possible because I would not want to get caught up in that. I would go to the area to help clean up and provide supplies for victims.  

• I would try to get out of it, but if I couldn't then I would just have to face the consequences. Get out of the vicinity of this mudslide. 

• I would try to escape as far as I could get so I would not want to get caught in those because i would not want to do that! Also, if i  saw something like this i would help as much as i can without putting my self in danger of my life as well! I think that this would be a hard decision because there is so many different things that could happen that i don't know if i would help or not.

• I would run away and try to stay safe so that I didn't get caught in the flood and become one of the 254 people. I would go and help clean up the city and try to help the victims if I could!

• I honestly don't know, I guess it depends on how hurt I was and how much is destroyed around me. I would try to help unbury peoples homes to search for survivers and I would try to help get people to hospitals as soon as possible. 

• I would get out as soon as possible and leave the country and leave the people because it is hard to pull people out of mud.

• 1l First I would try to think of a plan to escape quickly. Next I would try to escape and find the most efficient way out. 

2. I would provide necessities to the survivors and try to save them. I would also call for help.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker