More Police "Crimes"

More and more videos of police hurting or killing victims are popping up daily. Recently in Baltimore a video came out of a man name Freddie Gray being aggressively handled by police. He reportedly had perfect health before the incident but one week after died. In Tulsa a officer shot a suspect supposedly thinking it was his taser. In Hummelston Boruogh, Pennsylvania a man was shot in a chase, but the video evidence is being held from release. More and more of these types of videos are showing up and it makes me sad. 

Original Artical

Do you think that there have always been these kind of things happening just internet makes it more noticeable?

Do you think stories like this will keep popping up?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic but you didn't reply to anyone.

• Police officers deserve more respect than what they get. If you are hurt from them its probably because you were doing something wrong. With the internet and everything it makes it a lot easier to judge them on what they do. Their will always be two sides to a story.

• I think that these things have been going on forever and that we are just now noticing them, because the internet is making these videos more popular and they are popping up everywhere. Stories like these will be around forever, police have a lot of power and they can do a lot of harmful things with this power.

• I think that police discrimination has been around for a long time but the internet and the fact that every body has a camera with them makes it a lot more noticeable. I think that it is a problem that needs to be dealt with and these types of things need to end. Police are employed to protect the people, not to abuse their power and a lot of them need to figure that out. I hope this problem is solved in the near future. 

• I think that these thing have been happening for years and because of some of the cases that have come out many more evidence have come out to

• I think that the videos might be distorting the real truth and the real story. Its probably likely that this is going to keep happening because it is just typical police work.

• I think that more of this is going to happen in the future, I know it's sad, but I think it will. 

• I think that it's sad to hear all these stories of innocent people being killed by police officers.I can understand both points of views when talking about this subject. I understand that people are upset over police officers making so many 'mistakes' of grabbing the wrong tool to control someone, and I think they should be punished for this- depending on the story. On the other hand, I would rather have someone be harmed who is about to rob a band or try to hurt someone else. I think that people forget that police officers try to make their community a safer place to live, not to just go out and kill innocent people because they feel like it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker