Monkey pox

Monkeypox is a viral disease that was confirmed in May 2022. Most of the cases were found in the United Kingdom but the first case was detected on May 6th, 2022, in Nigeria. On June 23, the first case of monkeypox was reported in America since then there have been 657 people who have gotten monkeypox. In a total there were 47,258 confirmed cases in over 100 countries.

Monkeypox is an infection that manifests a week or two after exposure with a fever and a rash with lesions that usually last for 2-4 weeks. Monkeypox spreads from skin to skin contact. Anyone can get monkeypox the vast majority of confirmed cases are from men who have who have sex with other men. As of now there are no treatments specifically for the monkeypox virus. However, there are several other medications used to treat smallpox and other conditions that may also help people with monkeypox. If you were to get infected with monkeypox, it usually takes between 5 to 21 days for the first symptoms to appear. The first symptoms of monkeypox include a fever and headache. Monkeypox typically lasts 3-5 weeks and may require hospitalization. 

Monkeypox | The University of North Carolina at Pembroke

Do you know anyone whos had monkeypox?

Would you want to go back into quarantine for monkeypox?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and great job commentting! I do think your summary could be longer. Be sure to include more of your thoughts and opinions into your summary as well.

• I personally don't know of anyone that has monkeypox. Preferably, I wouldn't go back into quarantine unless it got to the extent of something like covid. Seeing as there isn't a crazy amount of cases compared to something like covid, I don't think we'll have to quarantine any time soon.

• I don't know anyone that has had monkeypox. I wouldn't want to go back into quarentine for monkeypox because I don't feel like it is in this spreading in this area as much as covid was. If there were more cases of monkeypox around where we live, I could see why some people might want to quarentine.

• I do not know anyone who has or had monkey poxs. If we have to like it in the majority of countries then ya I think it would be for the better.

• I do not know anyone with monkey pox and because of that I wouldnt want to go back into quarantine because if theres no cases where I live nor do I even know any body I dont think theirs any point to go back to lockdown unlike covid 19 where my mother had it my teachers and friends.

• Personally, I do not knwo anyone wiht monkey pox. Quarantine really wasn't that bad because of no school but it was annoying with all the masks and pkaces closing or closing early. 

• I agree, but I would never want to go back into quarantine unless it were to get as bad as covid was. I dont think monkeypox will ever get as bad as covid was. 

• I have heard a little bit about monkey pox but not as much as when Covid-19 was beginning. I don't know anyone who has had monkey pox. I personally would not want to go back into quarantine for monkeypox, however, if I got it I would definetly stay home.

• I agree, no one wants to go into quarantine unless it gets crazy bad. 

• Personally, I don't know anyone with the disease, if I did, I would be sure to stay away from them. Yes I would, I wouldn't want to get the disease.  

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker