Mississippi Tornados

In Rolling Fork Mississippi there was a horrible tornado that killed 25 people. This tornado was an EF4 and it touched down in Mississippi on 3/24/23. Many people won't be able to recover from this disaster. This small town had a population of 2,000 people, fields of beans and rice surrounded it. Many of these people that live in this town are very poor and live in mobile homes. 

Many families' homes were directly hit by the tornado, making it almost impossible to survive. One family had to tuck their 4-year-old child under a mattress they would've gone to the bathroom but the mother remembered that there was a massive tree on that side of the house. Luckily they moved because that tree did end up falling on this house. Many people are wondering why this tornado was so big and so dangerous. 

The name for this very destructive tornado is called a long-track tornado, these tornados don't happen often. This specific tornado started in Rolling fork went to Jackson Mississippi and then continued to Silver City it was on the ground for more than an hour. The maximum winds were 170 mph, which is one of the deadliest tornados in the state of Mississippi. After it was off the ground in Silver City another tornado formed in Blackhawk and went to Winona Mississippi. The winds for that one were 155 mph. The average speed of tornados is 30 mph, I think it's so crazy that these tornados in Mississippi were 170 and 155 mph.

What kind of things would you do to help these people? 

Would you travel down to Mississippi to help the people in need? 

What kind of things do you think you would need after something like this happens?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2023/03/26/why-mississippi-tornado-size-was-rare/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/03/26/rolling-fork-mississippi-tornado-damage/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would help them get back on their feet by giving them free food, letting them live in a house, or helping them find shelter. I probably would drive down to Mississippi because it would help them even more if I can talk to them in person then texting or not telling them. If it would happen to me I would probably grab everything that I need and leave but after I would work really hard even out of state just to make everything go back to normal.

• If i was older and this happened people can donate money to the families to repair their homes and anything else they would need money for. I probabaly wouldn't travel down to mississppi but I'd do as much as I could to help. If this happened to me I would just want things to go back to normal.

• If this happened to me I would be very devastated and Im not sure I would really know what to do. I know I would want a lot of people to donate money and food, water, etc. But I would also want help cleaning up. 

• I would help buy donating some money and giving them food and water, I prob wouldnt travel there but I would send things because thats unfortunanate that happend. prob somewhere to live and some food because everything is destoryed.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker