Military Preps for Ebola

The U.S. military is forming a 30 people "quick-strike team" to provide direct treatment to the people directly in the United States. The team will be deployed at anytime over the next month, and will have to leave within 72 hours. The team will include five doctors, 20 nurses and five trainers. Barrack Obama said last week, he wants more of a aggressive response to this outbreak of Ebola. First they will head to Fort Sam Houston, Texas, for seven days of training. That will begin next week or so. The team will remain in "prepare-to-deploy" for 30 days.

I think this amazing that we are willing to do this. It is amazing that these people are putting their lives at risk to get rid of this outbreak. I can't imagine having a mother/father in this though.

Link

What would you think if you had a close family/friend apart of the Ebola treatment? Would you volunteer to help out this outbreak? Why or why not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!!

• It takes courage to volunteer for it but on the other hand we need people like that to help fight Ebola.  I don't know If I would volunteer because I'm not very concerned right now. If it ever comes to be worldwide and more dangerous then I think that everyone need to help so I would try to do something to help.

• Exactly!

• As great as this is, if I were asked to do this, I would hop aboard the nope train to screwthatville. I'm neither qualified nor willing to be apart of a movement that is likely to mutate into something even more dangerous. I just don't feel willing to stand at the front lines a losing battle. It would be like bringing a screwdriver to a gun fight.

• I can see where you are coming from.

• As scary as it would be to do this, I think a lot of people are thankful that our country is taking necessary measures to end the Ebola outbreak. These people are really brave for volunteering to do this! If I was one of their family members, I would be very nervous having them in this situation and I don't think that I would volunteer to do this because I would be too scared that I would get the disease.

• I agree!!

• i would not volunteer to help out because i dont want to get ebola too

• That's a lot of people's thinking process.

• I would't volunteer! It is such a scary disease and I wouldn't take a risk. I think the people who are helping are very brave and good people. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker