Michael Brown Laid to Rest

Michael Brown, who was killed on August 9th, 2014, will be laid to rest on Monday. Michael was the victim to a police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri. Browns death ignited many violet protests in Ferguson and the St.Louis area of Missouri. Many people feel like the shooting was racial due to Michael being African-American and the officer who shot him being Caucasian. President Obama sent 3 officials to oversee the funeral so that things do not get out of hand. 

Why do you think the officer shot and killed Micheal Brown?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/24/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c1 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to learn how to hyperlink correctly and also reply more frequently to student comments.

• I think that the officer shot Michael because it was the easy way out if hes gonna come at me im gonna shoot him i think that Michael may have aggravated him and the officer let his emotions take over his judgement.

• I can't tell why the officer shot him, but it's good to know that Micheal can be at peace now. I would hope that this whole ordeal will calm down now.

• The officer must have seen him doing something illegal, and it doesnt make it a racial thing if a white man shoots and kills an african american man. It may be a racial thing but nothing can be proved. I think Michael Brown was shot because he was doing something illegal and the police officer couldnt get him to stop.

• Your right it kind of reminds me of the Travon  Martin case and I think racism may have had a role in the shooting

• Maybe racism was a factor but i don't think it was mainly that i think the cop may of thought he had a weapon or him and his friends had drugs or something. 

• This kinda remind me of the Trayvon Martin case. Anyways maybe because he thought he had a weapon on him and was doing/involved in unlawful activity. Racism might of had a factor to play in the situation. 

• Because Michael and some friends probably did something, and the cop could have thought he had a weapon

• I think that the officer shot him because he seemed intimidating and maybe thought he was in a gang. I also think that is was racism. Some how the police officer got away with it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker