May have found cure for deadly disease!

Link for article

After contracting the deadly virus known as Ebola in Liberia Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol were flown separately to the Emory hospital to be treated. They were the first people to test out a new experimental serum which appears to have miraculously healed them. The are both making a speedy recovery and are thankful to to alive. Ebola is a disease that causes sever and uncontrollable bleeding both inside and outside the body. So far serious cases have only shown up in west and central Africa. I think that we need to prefect this serum and make it available to third world countries that do not have the resources to create serums like this.

Do you think that America should do more to help supply the medical needs of third world countries? Why/ Why not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Again, great topic and good summary but you didn't reply to anybody.

• It would be a great if we did but people did attack the doctors there and freeing the Ebola victims that were under quarantine not to long ago. Maybe we should help by studying the virus and create the serum but stay out of the countries for saftey.   

• I think we should. Because they aren't fortunate enough like us, and it isn't fair. Especially when kids/infants are sick. I think its very sad for them.

• I do think that we should give medical supplies to help third world countries because we have things that could help a virus so it doesn't kill more people.  But they also need to some of it themselves because we can't just hand out medical supplies to everybody for every virus or disease that happens in the third world countries.  

• I think that America should help to get these medical supplies to these third world countries but also other countries should be helping also im not neccesarily sure that america should have to make everything there responsibility and problem. 

• I think we need to start mass producing the final product of this Ebola cure so we can send it to third world countries. It's pretty amazing that we can cure an disease that up until a while ago was incurable. Hopefully we can get this to people in need as soon as possible.

• I think we should because if we don't it will keep getting worse and worse, to the point that Ebola may evolve and become airborne and that will put the rest of the world in grave danger. We need to get this under control as soon as possible to make the rest of the world safe.

• I did a  report on this drug it was known as ZMAPP. As far as I know the drug hasn't been given to people in west africa because 1. it was experimental and #2 It was given to an African american doctor and he died, so they think that there could be racism involved. I think that the US should put in a bit of funding  for the medicine and things but also third world countries should pay attention to what they are doing. 

• I think that they should, because we don't want this to spread anymore. We need to help find the best cure that we can to help all of these people that are dying from this terrible disease. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker