Man trips armed suspect

A man was running away from the police when an older man(Bill) was standing there, saw what happened, and brought his foot back to trip him. While the suspect when to the ground the gun that he had shid accross the ground making it so that police could arrest him. Bill says he heard the police sirens while waiting outside of the libary waiting for his granddaughter. Police are saying that this little action may had saved the suspects life due to no shots being fired. While it is not clear on the suspects intentions and cause for being chased is is clear that this was a case of Bill being in the right place at the right time. 

Questions:

What would you think about doing if there was a police chase coming near you?

If you were a police officer and just saw this what would you do/say?

I would definitly go inside of the library. He much had heard the sirens near him and so I would go inside because you never know the reactions of other people and what their intentions are. If i were there and just saw this I could be absolutly shocked, I would be absolutely stunned and just not even know what to say. 

Here's the Link!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job!

• I would be totally shocked. I wouldn't really know what to do as a police officer. Personally, I would go inside to avoid everything outside and not be in the way or have to witness everything. 

• I agre that the more you can not be in the way of the policee doing their job the better. Its just crazy that this man thought to keep standing there and then to put his foot back and trip the suspect.

• I would not stay near the scene and would either run inside the library or go somewhere else. I would be shocked and thankful that the man was brave enough to do trip a man with a gun.

• Well I was a police officer I would shoot him right away mentioning he is armed and after all of it happened I would just continue on. Thank the man for helping with the suspect and get on with life. Police handle this stuff all the time.

• Im the same way that they knew this man was armed and dangerous yet didnt get him yet even tho he was running around businesses with a gun. The police have to handle this stuff regularly yet im not sure why they could not get this man. Luckly he did not hurt anyone.

• As much as I tell myself I would stay out and trip him I probably wouldn't. I would most likely end up going inside out of fear. You said they don't know his intentions and if this man is being chased by police he probably isn't thinking about the man trying to trip him.

• I would probably get out of the way if there was an armed man coming towards me. I would probably arrest the guy then go thank the old man and possibly get him a gift or something.

• This depends on the situation because if the suspect is armed I would be in danger. I would like to have my life and be free from danger. If I was an officer I would be proud of this man by the actions he did.

• I would go inside or get somewhere safe get away from the danger. If I saw what happend I would  be Shocked and Like what the heck just happened. I wouldn't even be able too speak after that and also like wow 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker