Man Raped And Assaulted Several Women

In Chester, Pennsylvania, a 19 year-old man has been charged with raping at least 6 women and assaulting 9 women. The attacks from this man, DeJohn Lee, started when he was 16 years old. One of Lee's accusers spotted him in a grocery store and called the police. Lee was arrested four days after his last attack. His attack plan on these women was to stalk one until she was alone, snatch her from behind, put a gun up to her head, and take her to a concealed area. To prevent getting caught, he tried to cover himself up with a hoodie or mask. Lee confessed that he had many more victims than the police thought. Thankfully, this man is charged with rape, attempted murder, violent assault, and other offenses. Read more about the story here.

Questions - 

1.) How long do you think Lee should be in prison for?

2.) Do you think the women that Lee attacked could have prevented it from happening? Why or why not?

My Answers - 

1.) I think Lee should be in prison for life. Maybe I would think differently if he had raped or assaulted one woman, but he raped AND assaulted several women. Plus, he has been doing it since he was 16 years old.

2.) I don't think any one of these ladies could have prevented rape or assault. All women can really do is carry some type of weapon or something like pepper spray and try not to be alone, especially at night. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well don Kendal!

• I think that he should be put in a prison for life with no chance of parole because he has done this to so many women.  i think in some cases they could have stop him from doing it again by telling the cops and walking with friends or in public places.  

• I think he should be in prison for life, and i don't know if the women could have prevented this or not because what if he found out and then he started going after those women again.

• I think he should serve at least 25-life in prison beings hes clearly not mentally right if he acts out and rapes women and stuff so he should be put away so that he cant go out and do it again. I think there is a chance they might've been able to but 99% of people with a gun to their head will do whatever just to remain safe.

• I believe he should be put in prison and never released because this just isn't something that should ever happen. I don't believe the women could have prevented it because they may not have known what to do in that situation. 

• Life. That is not something he should be let off easy for. Rape and assault plus attempted manslaughter should definitely be a life sentence. It depends, not many people know self defense and it's very likely these women didn't either. They were trying to stay alive and in order to do that, they did what he told them to do. I'm sure none of these women will ever go out alone ever again, get their concealed-carry permit and learn self defense.

•  I think that life. if not death. what he did was beyond wrong. no. this chould happen at anytime to anyone. it is saddly something that happens

• around 90-116 years in prison since normally people tend to get put in jail for a lot longer than if they had done it once. No, unless they knew it was going to happen then they couldn't have prevented it from happening since preventing this would require a chance to fight back and the knowledge of it going to happen.

• I think he should be in prison for life because obviously he knew it was wrong but did it anyways so if he were released he would probably continue to do it. I do not think the women could have prevented it since they did have a gun to there head.

• 1. Considering that he raped so many, I believe that this man should be locked up for a long time. I think that since he has been doing this since 16 years of age, he should definitely be in there for a long time.

2. No, I don't think they could've done much. As young girls probably didn't have as much power as this older man, being scared and all, they couldn't have done much. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker