On April 30th in a Utah courtroom, 35 year old Christopher Clay Rudd ran out in the middle of his court appearance. He had violated the court-ordered drug treatment program. Rudd ran out of the courtroom handcuffed and dove head-first over the second-floor railing. An officer tried to catch Rudd, but failed to succeed. From the fall obtained a broken leg, a broken pelvis, and a fractured skull. They don't know if Rudd was trying to intentionally hurt himself or if he was trying to run away. He was arrested for theft,possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and drug-related charges. Christopher could face more charges due to his stunt.

To Read more or Watch the Video of Redd click here.

Questions:

Do you think Christopher was trying to escape or hurt himself? Why?

Do you think he will face more charges for the stunt he pulled?

My Opinion:

I think he was trying to escape from the court so he wouldn't have to deal with his problem.

Yes, I think he is going to face more charges because he was either trying to run from the law or he was trying to hurt himself to get away from it either way.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!

• I would need to know more about the incident and case, but it sounds like he was trying to hurt himself. If he wanted to escape, there would have been a much more efficient way to do that other than smashing your face into the ground. 

• I think that he was trying to escape the court room so he wouldn't get in trouble. I think he probably will get in trouble for what he did disrupting the court and everything.

• I think that either escaping or self-harm is the probable cause in this situation..He was probably trying to run from his problems, and if he didn't make it far, he was probably hoping to die anyway. He will defiantly face more charges for what he did because he left in the middle of his court appearance and caused commotion. 

• I think that he was running from the court, but I think because of that he tried to hurt himself.  I think that he will face more charges because he tried to run from the court.

• I think he was trying to do both. He also could have been going for an insanity plee. It was wrong for him to do no matter what. If he did something wrong he should serve his consequences for it. I do think he will face more charges. There should be further consequences for his doings. 

• I think he was going for an insanity plee, because that stuff is insane. He shouldn't have tried to run away from his problems. In most cases that makes your problems worse than what they already are.

• I don't think he purposely hurt himself, he was just trying to get away from his arrest. I think if anything, he was just trying to escape his problems. I don't think he will face more consequences because of his action, it doesn't seem right to make him suffer more when he already hurt himself. 

• I agree, i dont think he wanted to hurt himself that bad but it just ended up being that way.  I also agree that he was trying to escape from him problems so he decide to try and take the easy why out

• I think he was trying to escape. People like him have no remorse or understanding. 

I think they will end up letting him off loose pitying him saying it was to commit suicide

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker