Man Blows Himself up after trying to Bomb Airplane

A man by the name of Abdullahi Abdisalam Borleh attemped to suicide bomb Daalo Airlines Flight 159. The airline took off from Mogadishu, Somalia, and was in route to Djibouti. Somalia is a very war torn country, and the man that attempted to bomb the plane is believed to be linked with Al Shabaab, an Islamic terrorist group. He attempted, and failed to explode the airplane, but in-turn got himself blown up and sucked out of the plane. No one was injured except him. who was killed.

I think this shows how terrorists groups can exploit the airline systems in countries that have very little security. It is troubling to think that they could be flying and take out many people, or they could use the airplane to take out a building.

A hole is photographed in a plane operated by Daallo Airlines as it sits on the runway after an emergency landing at the airport in Mogadishu, Somalia Tuesday Feb. 2, 2016. Officials at Somalia's civil aviation authority said Wednesday Feb. 3, 2016 that they had found no evidence so far of a criminal act in an explosion in an airliner which took off from Mogadishu's airport and returned for an emergency landing. (Awale Kullane,via AP)

Hole the bomb caused ^

Do you think there needs to be more security in war-torn countries such as Somalia?

What do you think they should do to prevent further attacks?

Do you think we should intervene with war torn countries such as Somalia to try to neutralize the terrorist threat? Or should we just stay out of it?

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done! Liked that you included the picture within your summary.

• I think that there should be more security but a country like Somalia couldn't afford it, especially with how close it is to ISIS. I think that we should neutralize the terrorists in the world, but I also think that we should use drone technology to do it, not put boots on the ground.

• I agree, they probably don't care and can't afford it.

• I definitely think there should be more security, it's only going to get worse. Stuff like this keeps happening, so something definitely needs to be done. I'm not sure what should be done though. I kind of think we should help, but than part of me thinks we should just stay out of it so nothing happens to the US.

• I agree, I think they should have more, but I don't know if they can afford it.

• Yes I think they need more security because things like this should't happen. I think the only way to prevent this is having more security and maybe use technology or something. I don't think we should intervene because if we do that that would only bring more problems and more fights. Maybe we can help the people that lives in those places.

• Yes, I think there needs to be more and wonder how they never found it on him or in his bag or whatever. I feel like you always here about something like that I think they need to make it stronger security so nothing like this happens. Especially with all these young kids. Make things stronger so it doesn't happen. I feel like if there is someone over here that will do that take them to where they can't.

• Wow that hole is large. I do think there needs to be a lot more security. Obviously they need some help over there. I don't know how much more they can actually do for more security though. Something does need to change. I think we need to stay out of this situation unless the US thinks they can handle it.

• It would be really hard for the security in war countries, but I think it is needed. People are coming up with really creative ways to hide the bombs and make them small and everything. I think that we should stay out of it... we are already in so much debt and we don't want more people/countries trying to bomb us.

• Yes I do think they need to have more security in countries like Somolia to prevent events like these. I think they just need to have higher security in countries like these. I think we should stay out of it to avoid going into another war.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker