Madonna Reaction to the Pepsi Commercial

Last week Pepsi released their ad with Kendall Jenner. Shortly after the Pepsi ad was released it was quickly taken down the ad after many people were in a uproar because of how the commercial dealt with Black Lives Matter to sell their product. This is not the first time a Pepsi ad was pulled because of a controversial commercial. Madonna reacted to this the whole ad with Kendall Jenner because of what happened to her commercial 30 years ago. In Madonna’s Pepsi commercial in which she kissed a black saint.

1. Do you think what Madonna did was okay

2. How do you think Pepsi feels about their whole commercial being taken down

I think what Madonna did was good she wanted to remind people that this is not the first time Pepsi had an ad taken down because of a controversial topic. If I was Pepsi I would feel embarrassed because it’s not the first time they had their ad taken down because of a controversial topic to sell their product.

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Erin!

• I think what Madonna did was justified because she was speaking her opinion and stating facts. I think Pepsi is probably upset, but also in a way I feel like this might be helping them. It could get them more publicity.

• I agree with you because it's her opinion and her has the rights to say what she wants. I also think Pepsi is upset because they spent so much money on the ad only to having to take it down. 

• I think what Madonna did was fine because she has the right to speak her opinion and she also stated it happened to her before. I feel like Pepsi is upset that their commercial was taken down but Im sure they expected heat to come in from before they posted the commercial.

• I agree with what you say because it is her opinion and she has the right to say what she wants. I also agree with how Pepsi might feel upset for having their ad taken down. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker