Larry Bird, President of the Indiana Pacers, has decided to step down from the role. He will remain with the team as a consultant. Kevin Pritchard will take over the role of President of the club. This decision may affect the career of Paul George, as Bird wasn't going to trade him, but now that is uncertain. Bird said that he would not trade George, and that all the talk is fake news, and that people kept snowballing onto it.

Link to the Article - Link

Questions - What would be your response if you were Paul George, and you knew that the man who was making sure you wouldn't be traded after the season is now gone?

Why do you think that Larry Bird stepped down, after being the president for a long time?

Responses - I think that I would be worried, and i would probably talk with the organization, to make sure that I wouldn't lose my spot in the organization I think that he stepped down because he just was getting tired of it, and I think that he wants to do something else for awhile.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i would be a little scared too. I agree that he might have just wanted to try new things, and that he needed a break from being a big part in the NBA for awhile. I agree that he might have wanted to explore new things.

• I would be afraid of losing my spot to someone else and I would have to talk to the people and make sure that wouldn't happened but some people just want to do other things or they are tired of that job and he is looking forward to doing something new. 

• I would be concerned for my career. There are many reasons for someone stepping down from a position. Maybe he wanted less of a work load, and more relaxation time.

• I agree that he might want a little more time to himself, and that the workload might have just been a little much. If i was Paul, I would be concerned about my career as well.

• I would be worried if this was happening to me, and I would probably talk with the organization and make sure that they know my worries and so I wouldn't lose my spot. I think that he stepped down because he was getting tired of all of this. Plus I think he wants to maybe do some other things with his life for awhile. 

• I would be worried about loosing my job.  I would take to people to make sure they knew about my worries. Maybe Larry Bird wanted a different job or just wanted somebody else to experience it first hand. 

• I would make sure to state my worries to the organization and have a closed conversation in which we could talk about the specifics of my place. I think Larry Bird was just wanting to relax and enjoy some time to himself for awhile after being the president for so long. 

• I would do the same thing, because I wouldn't want to lose my position, within the organization. I agree that he wanted some time to himself, and to do other things.

• 1. I would probably make sure that I wasn't going to be traded and be very afraid. I would do everything I could to keep my spot and work very hard. 

2. Well, as Larry Bird has been in this organization for a long time, people usually leave after awhile. He probably just wants to move on with his life. 

• I would be concerned that I would lose my spot. I would not have any trust in the other people considering that the person who got Paul there stepped down. I believe he probably stepped down because he has been involved for so long he's tired of doing it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker