Larry Bird, President of the Indiana Pacers, has decided to step down from the role. He will remain with the team as a consultant. Kevin Pritchard will take over the role of President of the club. This decision may affect the career of Paul George, as Bird wasn't going to trade him, but now that is uncertain. Bird said that he would not trade George, and that all the talk is fake news, and that people kept snowballing onto it.

Link to the Article - Link

Questions - What would be your response if you were Paul George, and you knew that the man who was making sure you wouldn't be traded after the season is now gone?

Why do you think that Larry Bird stepped down, after being the president for a long time?

Responses - I think that I would be worried, and i would probably talk with the organization, to make sure that I wouldn't lose my spot in the organization I think that he stepped down because he just was getting tired of it, and I think that he wants to do something else for awhile.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would leave if I was Paul George, just because Paul isn't getting what he wants in Indiana. He was getting old and just wasn't satisfied in Indiana and what was going on there. 

• i think Paul George might be concerned because he could louse his spot in the origination. Larry bird is old and has been in the NBA for a long time i think he steeped down because he is old and might want to live the rest of his life out side of the nba 

• I agree that he would be concerned. I think that he wanted to do something else for awhile too, because his lief has been centered around the NBA for a long time.

• If I was Paul George then I would immediately contact Pritchard and make sure that he wasn't going to trade me, considering that I still wanted to stay in Indiana. I think  Larry Bird stepped down because he was under too much stress and pressure, and he just retired.

• I would be nervous about being traded until I was reassured by the owner that I wasn't going anywhere. He probably wanted to try something new in life. He has been involved in basketball his whole life, maybe hes tired of it.

• i would make my peace with it and take my millions of dollars where ever it was needed. he was there for a while and the team of going down into a bad place and he steped down hopeing it would stop.

• Personally, i dont pay attention to sports news, but if i were Paul george, i would fear that my career would be over, because i wasn't going to be traded to another team. I believe that Bird stepped down because maybe he wanted to retire, or do something else with his life.

• I would also be concerned that my career would be over, because i wouldn't want to be traded.  I agree that Bird wanted to probably do something else with his life.

• I would be worried because I might have the fear that I would lose my spot. I would talk to other people in the organization to make sure that I would still have a spot and not have to worry about losing it. I think that Bird probably stepped down because he was just getting tired of it. He was ready to do something else and not have to worry about the team anymore. 

• I would be kind of worried if I was Paul George. I would be worried that I would get traded just because there is a new president now. Larry Bird may have just been tired of being in charge of everything as the president and wanted to just lay back a little bit and relax.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker