So, Like alot of things you can get news on  your phone and personalize it too. (Lucky me, I know.)

This popped up in my feed on friday night and here's what it says.

*Clears throat agressivly*

"In responce to a tweet from one consumer asking the outdoors realiter to change its polociy, the Maine baised reliter responed late thursday, 'In the wake of this shooting we have reveiwed our policy on fire arm sales and will no longer sell firearms or ammunition to people under 21.'"

they go on to say that they think itll help a little with this sort of thing but at this point ive lost all faith in humanity.

What do you think about this? will it help or wil humans find a way?

I honestly think this is a kinda good idea and question why they wouldnt make it 21 in the first place but humans (unfortenatly) always find one way or another to kill eachother.

This was my forum post of the week and I hope you hated it.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to reply to student comments. They are worth 20 points.

• I think that it is a good idea but ultimatley will not change a whole lot. I think this only because if someone is determaned enough they will find away to get guns without buying them or they will already have the guns they need.

• I think that Maine's new deal about having the age to buy firearms and ammunition being raised to 21 is a great idea. Having 18-year-olds being able to buy guns before they can even legally drink alcohol does not make any sense to me.

• In my opinion I think that a person under the age of 21 will be able to find a way to buy a weapon illegally, but it is a better idea for minors to come and buy weapons for bad purposes. 

• I think a higher age of purchasing a gun is better because you are more knowledgeable of how it works and using it correctly. Firearms can be very dangerous if not come through right training. Young youth can’t manage to handle things like this so I think older the better . 

• This age requirement raise is alot better so that people in school now won't be able to buy guns hopefully makkng some what more of an impact on prevention of shootings to occur but there is still more we could work on.

• Increasing the age that you can purchase the gun is a good decision and a step closer to a safer tomorrow. I truly hope that all states increase the age so that there will be less and less shootings that occur.

• I agree with you, I also think it is a good idea that all states increase that certain age to buy weapons, and that fewer shootings occur in schools or other assaults

• It will help a little bit but kids under 21 will still find a way to get a gun. 

• I think that increasing the age to be able to buy guns is a good especially because it keeps younger people from getting ahold of guns. I think that bad people will still find a way to make bad things happen unfortunately.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker