Kobe About To Pass Jordan In Points

On Tuesday, Kobe Bryant joined Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone and Michael Jordan in the 32,000 point club. Kareem with 38,387, Karl Malone right behind him with 36,928, then Michael Jordan with 32,292, and finally Kobe Bryant with 32,042 and counting. All he needs is 250 points. With the way that Kobe has been scoring this season, he is projected to pass Jordan on Dec. 12, 2014.

The Lakers are not that hot this season only going 3-10, despite Kobe leading the league with 26.7 points per game. He is also setting a record low for field goal percentage. At 36 years old he has played 19 years in the league coming right out of high school. About a week ago he set the record for the most missed shots in a career at about 13,500. At the beginning of this year he signed a contract with the Lakers for 2 years, counting this one, so he is for sure playing a couple more years. I think that in this time he will reach at least 34,000 points after next year, and he has averaged a little less than 2,000 points a year.

Where do you think Kobe Bryant will end up in total career points and when that will be?

Link 

Total points list

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good story and well done!

• probably 3rd because he is running out of juice but he still goin hard in the paint 

• How bout Those Cavs man 6-7!! playoff bound #StriveForGreatness #Witness #HardworkBeatsTalent #HitEmWitDatX

• Yeah he will defiantly pass Jordan but he might end up getting passed by LeBron or KD, he needs to take more jump shots because he will pry hurt himself driving in like before.

• He will probably end up third all time on the list because he will only have 2 or 3 more years left in his career and he's about 6,000 points away from number one. 

• I agree he will pry end up third right behind Malone and he'll play at least a couple more years 

• He has 2 years left in the tank after this year.. he is a heck of player and future hall of famer. He will finish 3rd all time in points and will go down as a one of the top SG of all time and a top 10 player of all time. Lakers are going to be bad for a few more years while he finishes out his career and he will be doing the majority of the scoring. 

• Yeah I agree that he has 2 years, or maybe a little more left after this year. For sure going into the hall of fame for being one of the best players ever. Lakers will be bad for awhile but Kobe will be scoring a lot.

• I think that he will get like 35 thousand points by 2020 or maybe later.  He is doing good so far..

• I think that he will end up with about 35 thousand points and I think that will be in like 2016.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker