Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to comment as it is worth 20 points. Be sure to hyperlink correctly as well.

• I think that it wasn't right but it probably almost like instinct. If something keeps clinging to your pant leg then you try and shake it off. That still doesn't make it right that he kicked her though, she isn't like a string or branch. I think that he could have have some more jail time.

• I think it was definitely not right to kick her but he was probably drinking since they were at a club and was not thinking straight. I would say that 180 days is probably enough because if she was grabbing his pants it was halfway justified.

• I don't necessarily think he needed to kick her but I understand how he was getting annoyed. He could have easily gotten away from the girl and avoided the problem as a whole. From what I've read, I don't think 180 days is necessary. If it were a girl who had done this to a guy, the situation would have been completely different. No, this does not act as an excuse for his actions but I think it was taken out of proportion. 

• I believe that he should've asked her to stop before he did what he did. I also think that 180 is a good punishment, because it could've been more serious. 

• I think that maybe at first he could've asked her to stop, but if she continued then I see why he did so. I believe that 180 days is reasonable for what he did because it wasn't a more serious crime. 

• If she was actually grabbing his pants, and he asked to stop then I think he had the right to kick her in the stomach to make her stop. I think that is enough time for what he did, and its not like he committed a major crime.

• I think that rappers and performers deal with this a lot. Some people just can't contain themselves when seeing their superstar. I think Gates did exactly what he should have. They usually have bodyguards but sometimes they like to get close to the crowd. If this just happened to regular people or myself I would have done the same thing. Also, if a guy was trying to pants a girl, then it would be a whole different situation(sadly). They guy would have been beaten and thrown in jail in a snap. 

• No it was not appropriate to kick her. That is a lot of days in jail but I think it is warranted for a repeat felon 

• nah it wasnt right. he should have just told her to get away or walk away. and they he could go about his day. i think that its not neccessarily the right thing to do to put him in jail. all he did was get in a fight. and guys do it all the time.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker