Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree. There would be plenty of security around because he's famous. He didn't have to kick her so hard especially so hard she blacked out. Or he could have moved to a different section of the stage. I think he definetly learned his lesson. 

• I don't think that Gates should have kicked the girl so hard. He could of asked and called for help instead. I think that 180 days in jail time is enough for this man to learn his lesson. Men should not hurt women at any given time.

• I think that he could have done something other than kicking her to get her off of him. I don't think he purposely tried to hurt her, he just wanted her to let go of his pants and get away from him. I think 180 days in jail is enough time because he didn't commit a super serious crime and this gives him time to learn how to have better behavior

• I don't think it was right of him to kick her just because she was grabbing his pants repeatedly. I feel like this situation could've been handled differently by just walking away instead of kicking her. I do think that 180 days in jail with probation is a good amount of time to learn his lesson. 

• I don't think it was right for him to kick a girl in the stomach just by pulling his pants, that does not make sense, he could have do something else, after-all Kelvin is strong enough to just take the girls hand off him. Well if he is going to mend his behavior of kicking people then that should be enough punishment.

• No, Kevin definitely should not have kicked this woman, he should have told security and they should have done something about it. He probably should have gotten more, but he is famous so he didn't

• I think that what he got for punishment is good enough. If anything they should just let him off without the one year probation. Either limit the one year probation or jail time. Either way he should have to go to jail and be on probation but not for that long. 

• No, no matter what the situation is, its not right for him to kick her even after she was grabbing his pants repeatedly. He could've done something else other than kick her, he could've used his words and asking her to stop not just kick her. 

• No, he could've handled the situation a lot better and had security take care of the situation. I think its a little much, I mean I understand serving time in jail but not that much time. 

• I don't think that was right for him to kick her. I mean I am sure there are plenty of bodyguards and stuff at concerts like that so he should just let the guards control the crowd. I think that is a good sentence for him so he can learn his lesson and let guards and stuff deal with the fans.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker