Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree they were both in the wrong. He shouldn't have kicked her so hard she blacked out. She shouldn't have continuously kept grabbing his pants. He should of called security or moved to a different part of the stage. This punishment is definitely harsh enough without being too lenient  

• If he had asked her to stop, and she still kept grabbing him, I think that Kevin Gates was in the right, if that was the only way to get her to stop. He has the right to his body and personal space, and Dixon had no right to keep grabbing him if he told her to stop. However, I think that there could have been a better way to get her to stop, such as calling security on her. I think that 180 days in jail would be an appropriate amount of time for his actions.

• I agree with you. She should have not kept grabbing his pants. He definetly has the right to his own body and his own personal bubble, but there's just so many other options that he could of done rather than kicking her. I think that 180 days in jail is the right amount of time. He shouldn't get a lesser sentence than anyone else just because he's a rapper.

• I don't think it was a good thing to kick a girl in the stomach, he is strong enough to get the girl hand off him . I think he should be given some self respect session to that person, so that he knows how to behave in public and should be jailed for more than 1 year.

• He was trying to get away but, I do not believe it was necessary to kick her. I think that there should have been more security watching after him and then she would not have got kicked. I do not think he deserves 180 days in jail, If she kept grabbing his leg she probably deserved to get kicked.  

• I don't think that it was right for him to kick here. There was many other things he could have done besides kick her. I think that the security should have been heavier because if it was then she never would have got close enough to even try to pull on his pants. I think that his punishment is enough because he did wrong and just because he is famous doesn't mean that he should get off with an easy sentence. In my opinion I think that he will probably not serve the full 180 day and will be let out early. 

• Violence should never be the solution to any problem, he could have called the security or someone for help. What Dixon was doing was not mature, regardless of whether she was a fan, but Gates shouldn’t have kicked her into an unconscious state. He could have also been intoxicated, leading to his violent outburst. Although, it still isn’t a good excuse for his behavior. in my opinion, 180 days in jail with probation seems to be a reasonable amount of time for his actions.

• He shouldn't have kicked her. He could of walked to a different place to get away from the chick. He also could of handled it more maturely than beating her. I don't think that jail time is necessary. I think that probation is a good idea. 

• Gates defiantly shouldn't have kicked her. He could have found help or called someone. I think 180 days is a good amount of time because he could have handled it better than he did and its not like he killed anyone but time is needed. 

• He was trying to free himself, but he didn't need to kick her so hard she blacked out. If he was in a club, then there were probably quite a few bouncers around, he could've gotten their help, or asked others around him to help pull her off.  I'd say 180 days it a good amount of time, it's not like he killed anyone. He can reflect upon his mistakes and hopefully realize that all people have value, even though he's famous, he shouldn't treat anyone like they're below him.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker