Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No, it is not right for anyone to kick anyone. If no injury happened then 180 days is way to long, but if she was injured then he should be in for a year.

• I don't think it was right for Kevin Gates to kick her but I also don't think that Miranda should tried to pants Kevin. I think that jail time is about right for hurting a girl so badly.

• I definitely think that he shouldn't have kicked her and beaten her like that. If he just told her to stop, or just left, the whole thing could have been avoided. She is in the wrong too, no doubt about it, but he shouldn't have kicked her. I don't really have an opinion with the sentence, but I think he should definitely spend some time. 

• Do I think that the reaction was right? no. But, the way I see it if this was flipped around and she kicked him then she wouldnt get sent to jail. 180 days I really dont have an opinion on the amount of days

• I think she learned her lesson and so did he you can't do that to famous people anyone would get frustrated. I think his punishment is over the top and is very out there. He shouldn't have to spend that long in jail he should just figure out how to get his stage father away from the people. 

• I think he could have found a better way to asses the problem instead of kicking her. I think this is a good punishment because he definitly could have handle it better then he did.

• I clearly bet this fan was trying to agonize him and would not listen to Kevin asking the fan to quit. A person can only take so much but you can't just kick a girl without then getting a bad reputation behind your name. I think that is too much for the star because any one of us would of done the same thing if a fan did that to us repeatedly.

• I agree. I think the girl should have quit bugging him especially if he asked her to quit. But, did he really have to kick her (and so hard that she blacked out)? I think that part was unacceptable and he could have dealt with it in a better way. He could have called security, went to a different part of the stage, or had her kicked out the concert. 

• I think he had a right to push her away or not have have staff move her but kicking her super hard would probably not be so good. I think that he didnt need 180 days but its most certainly enough time to have hime "think about his actions"

• Yes I think that he should be able to kick her because she shouldn't be able to grab his pants. I think that it is to much for his actions. I think that he should be able to defend himself from being touched by other people. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker