Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes i would kick her too she laid hands on him and he has the right to kick her. I think that he shouldn't get in trouble at all she touched her first. People need to learn if you touch someone you are not suppose to touch yes I will kick you and yes you will get hurt!....

• It was not right because she could have been seriously injured just because she got a little too excited. I've heard he's done other stuff like this and that he's not that great of a person. I think the punishment is appropriate as long as he learned a lesson from it.

• I agree that that wasn't the best choice for him to make, but you have to admit that she was definitely invading his privacy, which is a lot more than getting "a little too excited". There was really no innocent one in this situation. But I agree that he'll hopefully learn his lesson in prison.

• I think kicking her was a little over board, but if he had asked her to stop repeatedly his actions are somewhat justified. He has a right to his personal space and she was invading it. However he could have handled the situation much better.  I think 180 days as well as the probation seems a little overboard for this situation. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree with you Cassidy. Kevin definitely should not have kicked the girl, it was not the right thing to do. I think 100 days would be better punishment than the 180 days he did get.

• I don't think it was right she was grabbing his pants and it also wasn't right for him to kick her. Especially so hard that she blacked out. What if she was pregnant? I think that there was better ways to deal with this. He could have called security, moved her to a different spot, ignored it, lightly hit her arm. He didn't have to kick her so hard to knock her out. I think that is unacceptable. I think it's a good punishment. I don't know what proper sentence is for something like this is. But, whatever it is he should have to serve it. It shouldn't be lessened just because he's a famous rapper. 

• I agree that they both had a fault in the situation. He could have been more gentle with the woman instead of turning to physical violence. I also agree with you that it's a good punishment.

• No, he could have pushed her away, but since it was a night club I'm pretty sure he may have been drunk at the time and couldn't think straight. Yeah, since they both were at a night club and I'm pretty sure that people who go to night clubs tend to get drunk enough that their thinking is impaired but not enough to be kicked out.

• I don't think he should have kicked her that hard but it was self defense. I think it is enough because in a way it was self defense. 

• I don't fully understand this story but it is self defense in a way but I think he could of done something other then kick her. I think 180 is long enough because they were both at wrong.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker