Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel he could have handled the situation better instead of kicking her, he could have walked away and left. I think the 180 days is a good time. because he should not hit a girl and serve his time for doing it.  

• I feel like he should have handled it better but as far as him using defense and trying to just stop her was perfectly okay.  I feel like it shouldn't have been as bad of a sentence because he was just defending himself

• No I don't believe it was because no matter what you shouldn't hit a women even if she makes you mad. I think it is because now he knows not to hit girls anymore or you will go to jail.

• i don't think that he should have kicked her. I think that he should have had security come, and remove her from the area. I think that 180 days is fine, because he did publicly kick a lady in the stomach.

• I mean, she did deserve that, I'm going to be honest. If it's true that she kept grabbing his pants, then yeah, she had that coming. Obviously it's not right, but still. I think that's enough time and punishment.

• I do not think that he should have kicked her but he should have tried to do something less violent. I think it is a good punishment because it was not that bad but he definitely should have some form of punishment. 

• I don't think kicking her was going to do anything for him, so he shouldn't have done it. I think that 180 days is a good punishment for him and the probation for a year will keep something like this from happening again. 

• I don't think he should have kicked her. He could have tried getting away from her, or called for security. I think it's a fair amount of time to serve, that's 6 months. He may have been intoxicated, which would affect his sentence.

• 1) No, he could've left or held her away from him. Even though she was doing so he shouldn't have kicked a woman.

2) Yes, I think that's just plenty of time for him to be in jail.

• I agree with you about him because he could have chosen a non-violent way to try to get that lady away from him. I also think that this punishment is very long and he will have learned his lesson. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker