Kevin Gates kicking fan in florida

Rapper Kevin Gates sentenced to 180 days after allegedly kicking young 19 year old Miranda Dixon in Stomach and chest at Rumor nightclub in lake land, Florida.The jury found Kevin guilty after 2 hours of deliberation. Kevin's Defense lawyer tries to get the charges dropped using the stand your ground defense according to the WFLA, His lawyer stated that Gates kicked Dixon after she was continuously grabbing his pants. The lawyer later accused her of lying to get a sum of money and stating that Gates kicked her so hard she had fallen and blacked out and was later suffering from stomach pains. He has been charged with 180 days in Polk county jail with a 1 year probation sentence.

1- Do you think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly?

2- Do you think 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment for his actions?

I think it wasn't  right for him to kick her only because there was obviously a better choice he could've made maybe that being stopping the show and removing her from near the stage or stopping her and telling her to stop.I think that 180 days jail would've been plenty without the probation for 1 year.

link- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rapper-kevin-gates-found-guilty-kicking-female-fan-florida-article-1.2846492

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think he should have reacted as violently as he did and should have just pushed her off or had his security, which I believe he had remove them. I believe this punishment is enough if the injuries were as sever as she made them out to be. 

• I don't think he should have kicked her but i think he could have pushed her off him if she was climbing on his pants. I think his punishment is enough for his actions. 

• I dont think it was right for him to kick her. There are more smarter opinions that he could have done. i think 180 days in jail is enough hopefully he will learn his lesson and make better choices then just fighting.

• I don't think it was right for him to kick her. He could've went to go get security or walked away from her. There would've been much better options other than kicking her in the stomach. I think 180 days in jail would be enough but I also don't think he needs probation. 

• I don't think it was right of him to kick her just because she was grabbing his pants repeatedly. He could have handled the situation without violence. I do think that 180 days in jail with probation is enough for him to learn his lesson. 

• I don't think it was right for him to kick her after she was grabbing his pant repeatedly but he could have asked for security or tried to get away from her instead of kicking her. I think that 180 days in jail with probation is enough punishment and I think he will learn his lesson.

• I also don't think he should have kicked her. It would have been a smart decision to just tell the security officer or to just walk away. I also think he will learn his lesson from the punishment he was given. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker