Keeping USafe

USafe Lifering from Noras Performance. You may have seen this weird horse shoe shaped life saver all over social media. It's 2017, and the future is now.  Noras Performance is pushing to get the new USafe Lifering life saver out to local pools and ocean lifeguards. The USafe Lifering is a life saver that is remote controlled and can be directed to the victim in distress. This product was made to get to victims faster and to keep other people out of danger. Either from the distressed victim or perhaps a shark in an ocean lifeguards case. The USafe has exactly two jets and is steered by a remote control. Research shows that there is over 3,000 deaths from downing in the last 3 years. This is just one of the Throwable Flotation Devices. You can see more of the devices in the link below. 

Throwable Flotation Devices

Article

Article

Question 1- Do you think this will be the next big thing in drowning rescues?

Question 2- Would you prefer having a lifeguard save you or the USafe?

Question 3- Would you like to see a USafe at Ocean Lifeguard shacks and or pools?

My Opinion- 

I myself am a lifeguard and I feel that the Usafe could save a lot of time and get a distressed person out of the water quicker than a lifeguard having to jump in and swim to the victim and swim them back. I think this will defiantly be the next big thing in drowning rescues but mostly in the oceans. If I were in a local pool I think having a lifeguard is just as good, but if I were to be in the ocean I would probably prefer the USafe. I would feel safe with a USafe at a local guard shack by the ocean because drowning in the ocean is more common than in a local pool. The ocean has a lot of waves that are really strong and can just drag a person under. Pools don't have bumpy waves. Also oceans are a lot bigger and have dangerous animals in them like sharks, so having the USafe could get someone out of the water quicker. So I would say have them on the beach of an ocean and stick to lifeguards at local pools.  

Video

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that this might be the next big thing in the future. I would want to have a lifeguard save me, so I know that it will actually work. The robot might stop working or something.  I don't think that the USafe would be able to find someone out in the ocean. It could just break down and not work. I think that USafe could work in pools but not in the oceans. The oceans are way to big for a robot to work in. 

• The Usafe isn't suppose to go out from the beach people take them out on boats then throw them in the water as they are being controlled by a human they will eventually get to the person. The human uses a remote control so it isn't like the USafe has a mind of its own.  But I do agree that having a lifeguard there is also good. 

• I feel like this object could be the next big thing in rescuing drowning people but it almost seems to good to be true. I'd probably rather have a human save me because I know that they'll be there. I don't know if the USafe life saver would be there. I feel like if this life saver is proven to work, then it would work well at oceans because it's a bigger body of water and may take lifeguards a longer time to get to drowning people.

• I agree the ocean is the best place for the Usafe to be. Lifeguards have pools under control there would be no point in having the Usafe in a small body of water like a swimming pool. But yes otherwise I would personally like a human saving me as well.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker