Jimmy Kimmel and his son

Jimmy Kimmel and his wife welcomed a baby boy on April 21st. They named him William John Kimmel. After the birth of his son, everything seemed to be going great. Mommy and baby were both happy and healthy.  Three hours after his son was born, a nurse came in to check on everything. She found out that William had a purple color to him. She took him to the ICU to do some test. The nurse found out that the baby had a hole in his heart. William was rushed into surgery and had a three hour surgery on his heart. The surgery was a success. Jimmy's son will have to have two more surgeries in order to get the whole heart working fine and everything working the way it should. Six days after the surgery. The couple was able to bring the baby home. Jimmy Kimmel gave a 13 minute monologue on his show. He pleaded that parents keep watch and what is happening in the health care world today. 

Link:

Questions:

Do you watch this show? How do you think Jimmy Kimmel spread word about this disease and issues.

Do you think that Jimmy's son will have a normal life or will he face hard times because of his heart?

My thoughts:

I love to watch the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think that Jimmy Kimmel will use his show to spread the word on this disease.

I think that his son will have a normal life now since they found the issue with his heart. I think that the surgery and his nurse, saved his life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't watch the show, but I think that Jimmy Kimmel will talk about it on his show, considering a lot of people watch it, and it will help raise awareness. I think that his son will probably have a harder life than most because of medication and possible additional surgeries. Only time will tell.

• No I don't watch the show. He probably spread the word through his show and online.

I think his son will have a mostly normal life, I don't think he'll be able to participate in hard working sports.

• I dont watch it. Don't really intend to start watching it. I do agree that they could spread word using this show. Normal? not fully. He might be able to start to sting his back around to the normal area of a life

• I do not watch the Jimmy Kimmel show. I heard about this though and I think he did a great job about spreading the word to everyone. I think his life will be a little difficult but it depends on what the doctors say and what jimmy's son will do to stay healthy. 

• I do watch Jimmy Kimmel sometimes, I feel the jimmy did a great job with spreading word about the issue and about health care. I think he will probably be face with hard times but it depends on what the doctors can do because if they can fix it he should live a happy life. 

• I do not watch the show and since he has a show he can clearly spread awareness through his own viewers. I think he should have a perfectly normal life because there are babies living around right now that have the same condition and you would never be able to tell. He will face hard times but people are always able to get through the think and thin fine.

• I agree he will definetly spread awareness about this topic to his viewers. I think his son will live a normal life because there's a few people that I know that have had open heart surgery or have a pacemaker and I didn't even know til they talked about it. I think it's awesome with the kind of medicine we have today. 

• I don't watch his show but I think he will use that and his publicity to spread the word about it. I think that he will have a normal life as long as their are no complications that come from this. 

• I dont watch this show, personally, but i imagine that was hard for fans to watch. Personally, Jimmy's son could have a hard time in school, and will have to be in special classes, because of the hole he had in his heart, but then again, he could turn out to be a normal, happy child. 

• I don't watch the show but this must have been very hard to watch. Also, that Jimmy is very brave to get up and announce something like this on his show. you never know if he will have a rough life or not even though he probably will have some hard times ahead.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker