Jimmy Kimmel and his son

Jimmy Kimmel and his wife welcomed a baby boy on April 21st. They named him William John Kimmel. After the birth of his son, everything seemed to be going great. Mommy and baby were both happy and healthy.  Three hours after his son was born, a nurse came in to check on everything. She found out that William had a purple color to him. She took him to the ICU to do some test. The nurse found out that the baby had a hole in his heart. William was rushed into surgery and had a three hour surgery on his heart. The surgery was a success. Jimmy's son will have to have two more surgeries in order to get the whole heart working fine and everything working the way it should. Six days after the surgery. The couple was able to bring the baby home. Jimmy Kimmel gave a 13 minute monologue on his show. He pleaded that parents keep watch and what is happening in the health care world today. 

Link:

Questions:

Do you watch this show? How do you think Jimmy Kimmel spread word about this disease and issues.

Do you think that Jimmy's son will have a normal life or will he face hard times because of his heart?

My thoughts:

I love to watch the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think that Jimmy Kimmel will use his show to spread the word on this disease.

I think that his son will have a normal life now since they found the issue with his heart. I think that the surgery and his nurse, saved his life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think if his next two surgeries are a success then his son will have a great chance at a healthy life. He will probably have to eat healthier and be all around healthy to keep his heart running strong but I think he will definitely have a great chance at a normal life.

• I dont personally watch his show regularly but I have seen a few episodes. I think he will definitely use the show to spread the word about the disease and tell the story about what happened to his son and everything like that. 

• I think that his son has the chance to life a normal life with his heart. The nurse found the problem early on and was able to fix it and make him healthy again. So after his other surgeries I think if everything goes well he will be able to live a long healthy life. The surgery and that nurse saved his life. 

• I personally do not watch the show but I hear a lot about it. I am guessing after an experience like that he feels very strong about the health care for all people. I like that he will continue to use his show and social media to spread the word about the health care and this disease. 

• I didn't watch the show but I'm guessing after an experience like that, he feels very strong about health care for all people. I'm sure that the kid will have a normal life but may not have as much stamina as other people. I have a friend that has a heart condition from when he was young and it causes problems in sports. 

• I agree with you colton. After Jimmy telling everyone what is going on in his life he feel very good that everyone cares about him and his family. The child will probably have troubles which is too bad.

• I love to watch Jimmy Kimmel! I think that his monologue should help spread awareness about this disease and how it effects those who have it. I think since they found it early he will live a somewhat normal life. He will probably have to go through some more surgeries throughout his life time, but since medical reasearch is advancing I think that he can/will be a happy child.  

• I actually do not watch this show, but I know that it is very popular. I think that Kimmel would have made a great point about health issues like this by sharing his own personal experience to a very large audience. I think that William will live a fairly normal, happy life despite this, although he may be at a greater risk of heart issues in later life, and would need to live a healthy lifestyle to decrease that risk as much as possible. But a lot of times babies are born with health issues that are taken care of immediately, never to affect them again.

• I would agree with you that jimmy did a great job at spreading the word and I also agree that he should live a happy life no madder his condition, plus like you said most kids with heart problems are fixed right away. 

• I don't personally watch the show regularly, just clips here and there on YouTube. However, he is extremely popular and he will most likely use that to his advantage to spread awareness. I  think after all the surgeries are done he will be able to have a normal life. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker