Jimmy Kimmel and his son

Jimmy Kimmel and his wife welcomed a baby boy on April 21st. They named him William John Kimmel. After the birth of his son, everything seemed to be going great. Mommy and baby were both happy and healthy.  Three hours after his son was born, a nurse came in to check on everything. She found out that William had a purple color to him. She took him to the ICU to do some test. The nurse found out that the baby had a hole in his heart. William was rushed into surgery and had a three hour surgery on his heart. The surgery was a success. Jimmy's son will have to have two more surgeries in order to get the whole heart working fine and everything working the way it should. Six days after the surgery. The couple was able to bring the baby home. Jimmy Kimmel gave a 13 minute monologue on his show. He pleaded that parents keep watch and what is happening in the health care world today. 

Link:

Questions:

Do you watch this show? How do you think Jimmy Kimmel spread word about this disease and issues.

Do you think that Jimmy's son will have a normal life or will he face hard times because of his heart?

My thoughts:

I love to watch the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think that Jimmy Kimmel will use his show to spread the word on this disease.

I think that his son will have a normal life now since they found the issue with his heart. I think that the surgery and his nurse, saved his life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do watch his show sometimes but not very often. He will be able to spread awareness pretty easily because so many people watch his show. I believe his kid will have a normal life but may get some issues but nothing major, I have faith that the doctors did good work. 

• I really do agree with you on that because he's using the show to his advantage.

• I have seen it on before but I have never watched it for that long. I think he probably just told them to keep and eye out on there young ones. I think he will have some hard times otherwise it will be a normal life.

• I do not watch the show regularly but I saw his monologue ant it was well given and I'm happy that it all worked out. It's nice to have someone on a talk show that talks about things that actually matter. I think that if the surgeries go smoothly, he will be fine. He might have some trouble but I hope William and his family get through it.

• I have never watched his show before but he will probably use his show to spread word about this disease. I think since they caught it early he will live a normal life which is good. 

• No i don't watch this show. Mostly probably face problems not serious but minor that can turn into serious if not taken care of properly. And if that is true then i feel bad for the way his parents might raise him. Usually you see the child with problems like this kept coupt up inside or they dont allow the child to do anything because they think that they know whats best for him all the time.

• I occasionally watch his show, and I think he's a very funny guy.  However, this is a very serious topic.  I was also born with a hole in my heart, but luckily, it closed on its own. I think that using his show and social media will be a great way to spread word about certain diseases and medical issues.  He is a very influential person and I believe that people will listen to him. I certainly hope that Jimmy's son will have a normal life, and I think he will due to the level of medical care that we have today. 

• I agree with you. The best way to get the word out is to have a celebrity spread the word about certain diseases and other medical issues because then the people will hopefully listen to them.

• I absolutely agree 100% with you that by Jimmy using his show to spread word about this, that's awesome.

• I sometimes watch the show. I think he will use his show to talk about this disease and spread to the word. I think that since they caught it early on in his life he could have a normal life as far as this disease will let him have one.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker