Jimmy Kimmel and his son

Jimmy Kimmel and his wife welcomed a baby boy on April 21st. They named him William John Kimmel. After the birth of his son, everything seemed to be going great. Mommy and baby were both happy and healthy.  Three hours after his son was born, a nurse came in to check on everything. She found out that William had a purple color to him. She took him to the ICU to do some test. The nurse found out that the baby had a hole in his heart. William was rushed into surgery and had a three hour surgery on his heart. The surgery was a success. Jimmy's son will have to have two more surgeries in order to get the whole heart working fine and everything working the way it should. Six days after the surgery. The couple was able to bring the baby home. Jimmy Kimmel gave a 13 minute monologue on his show. He pleaded that parents keep watch and what is happening in the health care world today. 

Link:

Questions:

Do you watch this show? How do you think Jimmy Kimmel spread word about this disease and issues.

Do you think that Jimmy's son will have a normal life or will he face hard times because of his heart?

My thoughts:

I love to watch the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think that Jimmy Kimmel will use his show to spread the word on this disease.

I think that his son will have a normal life now since they found the issue with his heart. I think that the surgery and his nurse, saved his life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't watch the show and i think that the show is a great place to spread the word about these issues. I think that he could live a normal life but he also could also have complications throughout  his life. 

• I don't watch the show, but I think that he will uses his popularity on his show and social media to spread awareness about the disease. I think that Jimmy Kimmel's son will live a mostly normal life because he started the treatment surgeries when he was a baby, but he still might have some complications in his later life.

• I don't watch the show much. but I know that it is very popular, so I also think that he will aware people of this disease and issue by talking about it on his show. I think that the baby will now be able to live a perfectly normal life, because his heat problem was caught so soon so with the surgeries I think that the baby will be able to like a perfectly normal life.

• I don't watch his show but I think that he will use his show and his power to spread word about his sons disease and the issues he has with his heart. I think that his son will have a mostly normal life since they got the problem with his heart solved right away. I think that if they wouldn't have noticed it right away then his life would have been very hard and he might not have made it very long. 

• I watch the show sometimes but I think that using his show or social media would be a great way to spread information about certain diseases and medical issues. Anyway possible to get the word out is great, especially when you have someone like Jimmy Kimmel or any other famous person that people would listen to. I think Jimmy's son will have a normal life due to the level of medical care and treatments we have today. 

• I agree that using his show to spread information about any type of disease is a great way to get that information to people who watch his shows. And even if people don't watch his show more than likely you will see a clip of it on Facebook.  I think that because they caught his condition so early in life that he will be fine until he has to have another surgery, then life will be a little harder. 

• No, I do not watch his show. He should spread the word just like he did, on his show that has millions of viewers. I think it will normal for the most part, maybe just restricted to a degree with sports and such.

• I have not watched this show much, but Jimmy probably was emotional talking about his son and his problem. It was probably difficult to tell everyone the issue. I think once the issue with William's heart is better he will live a very normal healthy life. 

• Jimmy was very emotional when he was talking about his son. It would have been very hard  talking about his son. 

• I saw this clip on Facebook and he was very emotion, but I think anyone would be in this situation. If they hadn't have caught it when he did there was a huge chance that his son wouldn't make it very long. I think it would be hard for any parent to tell people that their child has a heart condition. William will probably grow up to have a completely normal, healthy life, but only time can tell. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker