Islamic Extremists Behead French Hostage

On September 24th, France confirmed that an Algerian group that is linked to Islamic State (IS) beheaded a french tourist named Herve Gourdel. The French president, Francois Hollande, called it a "cruel and cowardly" act, but said air strikes that started last week would still continue. Gourdel was abducted last week, and his beheading video was posted Wednesday. Since August, terrorist groups have beheaded two American journalists and a British aid worker, whose deaths were all posted online. The groups is also threatening to kill a hostage from the UK, who came over as an aid worker in December. 

Read the full story here

Do you think that these beheadings from terrorist groups will stop? What do you think will make them quit killing innocent people?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!

• No, I don't think that they will stop, until we officially hurt ISIS in a major way which will be very hard because with all the bedroom radicals and supporters increasing they have help all over to get that done and I think it will take the US, along with other countries to stop it all together.

• I think this is so sad and it's a really difficult situations for the governments that are trying to fight back against ISIS. Sadly, I don't think anyone can really do anything that will keep ISIS from doing these horrible things, but hopefully soon the countries will be able to develop a good plan to try and put a stop to ISIS, or at least try and break them down.

• Yeah, and it is too bad there is not a lot we can do about the deaths of Americans because of ISIS, but we will continue the airstrikes, from what we've heard

• You can't get rid of the ISIS group, someone else will always be stepping up to take over. I don't think anything will stop them from killing people until they get what they planned to do. 

• That is a good point-there will always be some sort of terrorist group stepping over 

• They will never stop until their demands are met, and no one will fulfill their requests.

• Yes because they feel the pressure from airstrikes and their focus is not to fuel the fire

• I don't think they will stop until ISIS gets what they want. It's a sad thing, but I don't believe they will quit until they are either destroyed by the U.S. or they get what they want, which probably won't happen.

• I believe we need to go in guns blazing. This is a terroristic act on many major country's. We need to work together and blow some commy's out of the sky. We need to take action; and we need to do it now.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker