ISIS Training Soldiers to Fly Planes

Reports from Observatory in Syria, that ISIL has obtained 3 military fighter jets. ISIL is training their soldiers to fly these planes. ISIL has recruited former Iraqi military officers to train the soldiers to fly. The planes are being held at a military airport in Syria. Many residents who live near the airfield say they have seen a plane flying low after it took off around the airfield. The United States is not aware of ISIL obtaining any type of aircraft. The U.S. will continue to keep an eye on it in case the reports are true. 

Question: Do you think ISIL will attack America with these warplanes? 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/17/world/meast/isis-threat/index.html?hpt=wo_c1

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic but be sure to reply a few more times and stay away from yes and no questions.

• if they were to attach us it would be an other tragic event. it would lead to war and we dont really need to head to war right now. 

• Even though they have them they wouldn't be able to attack United States from Syria. Because they would of been seen and shot down because our military has more than three warplanes. 

• Thats true, they could attempt to attack but they won't succeed because we could take out the planes very easily

• If it turns out that these are being used by ISIS, I think that the airfield should be carpet bombed. The main reason I think this is for the message it gives. Fighter jets can be seen as a symbol of power among guerrilla forces like this radical group. If they think three jets shows their power then we should bomb them with thirty. The other reason is because the fighter jets in the wrong hands is a very bad thing. The good thing is the fact that they will most likely be unable to support the upkeep for the jets (Replacement parts, new munitions, etc.) but that does not block out the damage they can do with what they have right now.

• I think that if given the chance they would.

• they might but they don't stand a chance because they are gonna ask for it because their are a small army and we are big and our other allies will help us. Also because we are America and we will do what ever it takes to end this 

• It's hard to tell.

• We don't know for sure if they accurately have the jets till a credible source knows they have them. But i would think that they would use them for harm.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker