ISIS' Next Plan Involves U.S. Gun Shows

ISIS leaders are encouraging their follower to use new terrorist tactics. One of them being to buy guns at U.S. gun shows in order to take multiple people hostage. Buying these weapons at the gun shows would allow them to avoid background checks. Many of the locations terrorist plan on taking hostages are as follows: night clubs, movie theaters, busy malls/stores, concert halls, university campuses, and many more. Terrorist choose these areas because they are extremely busy and closed off. Another terrible and horrifying way these people take hostages is by placing fake job ads on the internet, allowing them to lead the victims into vacant areas to be killed or taken hostage. The main targets of these terrorist tend to be non- Muslim men in countries such as the United States. 

Do you think gun shows should require background checks in order to avoid these kind of events?

Why do you think ISIS' targets tend to be non-Muslim men?

My opinion: 

I think gun shows should definitely begin to make background checks a routine thing. Although, many buy guns to ensure their own safety, it is better to be safe than sorry. I think that ISIS targets non-Muslim people mainly because they are not Muslim, and ISIS believes that anyone who does not believe in their religion are terrible people. 

Read rest of article here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that background checks should be required because you never know who is buying what, or what that person could do with that object. ISIS probably targets non-Muslim people because they are not their religion and they want to get rid of anyone who doesn't agree with them. There needs to be additional things put in place to protect the targeted places as well.

• I agree with you Emma! We do never know who is buying what and we will never know who has a gun at any time. Agreeing with the religion will never happen, they don't care that we don't believe and will do anything to take us off the world until then.

• 1) Definitely, I think doing background checks would make things safer.

2) They're racist people and tend to target people who aren't of same race.

• I think that the they should have background checks in order to help prevent these types of events. I think that they target them because they are not Muslim and they think that they are awful people. 

• Yes they should I feel that people need more safety and everyone will be annoyed but people need to remember its better to be safe than sorry. Because Muslim men already have their beliefs and they want to change other peoples minds and beliefs.

• I think that they should have background checks because anyone can walk in and get a firearm. I think that they are targeting them because they are what they think will harm the US the most. 

• I think that background checks should be required because you never know who could get a gun. If you can't get a gun normally with checks then you shouldn't have a gun. I think they target them more because it sends a message not to mess with them and they want people to join their religion.

• I completely agree with you, it doesn't make sense to require background checks in all circumstances except for gun shows. Especially with the day and age we live in, who knows who could get a gun and what they would do with it. 

• I think that they should require background checks because then any person or group could get into these and they could be bad people. Because they are a different religion and not the religion that they are. 

• I personally think you should have to go to the store and buy it, at least you should be able to put the gun on hold you want and receive it from the store. I think they are targeting them because the regular people don't know the religion and should be put to death because of it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker